Visits

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Preparation Prayers: Judgement

Lord God, The One True God, Maker of Heaven and Earth,

The earth is full of Your glory. Truly, we need to seek the evidence of Your handiwork. We simply need to take time to behold the creation around us. The trees raise their limbs in exaltation. Even the grass points upwards to Your heavens. The spring flowers proclaim Your beauty. The smell of spring, cut grass, flowers…You are the God of creative renewal.
Psalms 139:14
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
Judgement
1 Peter 4:17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Surely, Your judgement is merited here. The nation has been disintegrating for many years. We, Your people seemed to be asleep. Perhaps we were tied up with enjoying all the blessings that You have given this nation. I know I am partially responsible.

However, I repent. I repent daily. I have changed. If judgement must being at the house of God, please start with me.

How do I look?
How do I look, on the inside, to You? You see all of me. You look past my outward visibility.
1 Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Jeremiah 17:9 - 10
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? 10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
Do I know how to search my heart? I am good at making up excuses as to why I think something. I justify my feelings, my desires, to align with what I want. Often, what I want is not what You want for me. I need Your help.

Help in time of need
You tell us that You will align our heart with Your will. You promise to cleanse the heart and bring value to You and Your kingdom.
Psalms 37:4 - 5
4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. 5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
There are conditions
This is a conditional promise.

Teach me to delight in You.
Teach me to trust You so that I let go of the reigns of my heart, my mind, and my life. I want to commit my living - every part: body, soul and spirit, to Your way. I know it is better, safer, and that You are for me and will bring good…Your goodness.

Permission
Psalm 139:23-24 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
These are difficult challenges. I know, from experience, that I cannot live my life in accordance with Your desires. But I want to. Only You, my Maker can bring out the very best in me. In this broken world, I cannot cleanse myself. On my own, I am destined to brokenness. But in You, there is hope. You promise to do this. I yield to You.
Psalms 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Please receive me. Please receive my invitation to change me into the person You always intended me to be. Bring Your vision for my life.

Is the church a stumbling block for the USA to move forward?
Is the church a stumbling block for this nation to come under judgement that we may repent? Are we hold up progress? Then I ask You to judge me and extend Your judgement to Your church. Please move forward with Your judgement that this nation may repent. That revival may ensue, that all men be saved.

...for the children, please do not tarry,

Maranatha,





No comments:

Post a Comment