Visits

Friday, May 7, 2021

Preparation Prayers: Am I ready?

God of all creation, God of Truth, Righteousness, and of Justice,

Thank You for the beauty of the day. Thank You for directing us not to worry, Thank you for Your Word, that tells us of the events in the last days, and how we should prepare.

Am I prepared?
You are the God who prepares. You are the God who provides. As You did for Abraham and Isaac, providing the sacrifice, a substitute for Abraham’s son. And You provided a sacrifice for us.

You left Your church with a commission, to proclaim the Gospel, to give a testimony of what You have done in our lives, to love people, to pray, and to serve You in all that we do. All in preparation for what is to come.

Truly, what is to come, seems to be at the door! You have given us so many directives on how to be ready, how to be prepared. And in each admonition You remind us that we are safe in You.
Isaiah 41
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Philippians 4:6-7
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

John 14:1,3
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Am I ready?
You have prepared a place for us. Am I ready? Have I honed all the skills needed for this new place?

Maybe, more importantly, is my heart tuned to resonate with Your voice? Is it ready to stand strong and receive, expedite, and execute Your commands? After all, You are the Commander.

Do I understand that each day is preparation for the next? Do I understand You are always preparing our path for the next step…You are always a step ahead?
Psalm 119:105
105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Oh how I love Your Word. Your promises are so reassuring. You touch my heart and mind so that I need not be afraid. You have given us the Script of what is before us and what to expect.

You have assured us that You have prepared the path and the Way. You walk with us and attend to all our wants.
Psalm 23:1
The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.
Your assurance, Your presence, Your provision and preparation for me is truly my greatest Treasure. Your promises guide me each day and I do not lose track what awaits me.
Psalm 23:
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
I will rest.
Psalm 37:7-9
7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.
Amen.
In You, I am ready.

For You have prepared me and walk with me.

…do not forget the children, O God. Move swiftly…to save the children.

Maranatha





No comments:

Post a Comment