Visits

Sunday, May 9, 2021

Preparation Prayers: I won't let go
      ...until You bless me

You are God. There is no other.
To You alone I bring my allegiance.
I bring my whole self: spirit, soul, and body. It is what I have that You have given me. You give me complete autonomy over these three.

I am weak….but You are strong
I want to control my mind, but it wanders and goes where there is no value. I want to control my body, but it leans towards worldly desires. It is part of this broken world and it is broken. It is in pain. I will lift up my soul to You O Lord. For only in You is there salvation of spirit, soul, and body.

You enliven my spirit and my soul. I petition You according to Your Word.
Psalm 51:10-12
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
You have made arrangements for my body as well, even in this broken world. I ask it. For the pain is great. Have mercy on me O God.
Isaiah 53:5
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
The enemy is at the door… I will stand strong.
You have asked me to stand strong for Your sake. I will stand.
You have asked me to stand, not against flesh and blood, but against the spiritual forces that fight against the world. I will stand.
You, O God, beckon me to wrestle!
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Must I wrestle against You!?!
It is one thing to wrestle against the enemy. Your (our) enemy Satan. For then I am on the same side as You. You are with me. You are God Almighty! But would you have me wrestle against You! You are my God. You are THE God! You alone are God. There is none like You!

Jacob wrestled. All night he wrestled.
Genesis 32:24-26
24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
He held on and and held on. Jacob would not let go. He prevailed. Must I also fight against You? Am I not asking for what You also want? Do You like what is going on as the evil prevails against this world?

O God, I understand Your need for justice. I deeply long to see Your justice. But You have proclaimed that Your love is sure and You want all men to be saved. I cannot let go of that. Do You not see that I would prefer Your justice, but I hold out, I wrestle, that Your love for ever person be made known to them…that they may seek You with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength?

I cling to Your Word. I wrestle within myself. I wrestle with You.
Psalm 64:
1 Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.

2 Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity:

3 Who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words:

4 That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.

5 They encourage themselves in an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

6 They search out iniquities; they accomplish a diligent search: both the inward thought of every one of them, and the heart, is deep.

7 But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded.

8 So they shall make their own tongue to fall upon themselves: all that see them shall flee away.

9 And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider of his doing.

10 The righteous shall be glad in the Lord, and shall trust in him; and all the upright in heart shall glory.
I will not let go until You bless me.
O God, preserve me…that I not let go until You bless me and bless this nation.
Deuteronomy 6
4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord: 5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
…for the children.

Maranatha





No comments:

Post a Comment