Visits

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Preparation Prayers: Have I met Your conditions?

O God in Heaven,
You are my confidence and You are my life.
Your plan is the perfect fulfillment of my purpose.

Uncertainty pervades the landscape. Relationships are challenged as distrust, hurtful words, and division seeps deeply into the foundation of our society, our neighborhoods, and our families. There is a shaking of the worldly establishments which are filled with defiant and rebellious self-seekers. Oftentimes, these are people we considered loyal friends.

The world is shaking, but You are unshakeable. Your purpose remains sure. In You our future is bright. Your promises are sure and You have plans for us.
Jeremiah 29:11-13
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
You are for us. You have given us a promise and a responsibility. I deeply desire to know and experience Your thoughts towards me and towards this nation. I deeply desire for Your purposes to be fulfilled. You desire to pour out peace, Your peace, upon me and upon the United States.

…and then You list Your conditions….Your promises are sure. They are there for us. You are unshakable…IF and WHEN Your conditions have been met.

Have I met Your conditions?
You have set conditions under which Your plans can be secured.

Call to You: God of heaven and earth. I am calling to You. Your promise is amazing. Your heart is to prosper us and not to harm us. You desire for us to have a future and a hope. I set my face towards You. Many others are doing so as well. Hear our call, O God of mercy.

Pray to You: It is to You alone that I pray. I do not look to others to save me or this nation. I do not look to men, but to You and to You alone.

Seek You, and Search You with all our hearts: I and searching…and I doing so to Your specifications? I search Your mighty Word and I listen for Your voice. Am I hearing it? You are in Your Word. Please pour it into every part of my being. What am I missing?

It does not seem that this nation has much interest, especially as a national identity to claim You over us. But this does not change the fact that You ARE over ALL.

We are spread out by so many factions, by so many identities. Derogatory name-calling pervades and separates us. I bring this before You.

Healer of Division
You are the only way this nation can come together. You are the only way that the divides can be dissolved. I come to You because You’ve done it before.
Ezekiel 28:25
‘Thus says the Lord God, “When I gather the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and will manifest My holiness in them in the sight of the nations, then they will live in their land which I gave to My servant Jacob.

Ezekiel 39:28
Then they will know that I am the Lord their God because I made them go into exile among the nations, and then gathered them again to their own land; and I will leave none of them there any longer.
O God of all the earth. You know us. We are not scattered around the earth, we are right here in one place. Even this week, Your presence has been removed from a national day of prayer. Please forgive us, for we have raised up leaders who do not acknowledge You.
Source: https://thetruedefender.com/biden-erases-the-name-of-god-from-national-day-of-prayer-proclamation/

Nonetheless, You are the God who reunited Israel. Our divisions are not geographic, but spiritual. Our divisions are from Your (our) enemy, Satan. You made him too. And You allowed him to take everything from Job…BUT…in the end, You restored Job, twofold.
Job 42:10
“And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.”
Truly we are in captivity. Many are praying and seeking You. Please hear our prayer and restore us to peace that we can again proclaim You as our God.

We have brought this on ourselves because we have not been diligent. But You are still the God who unites, the God who changes, the God who brings back, the God who hears. The God who heals. You are THE God, and there is no other.

I appeal to You for this nation. Change us, as a nation, to call to You, to pray to You and to Seek You with all our hearts.

…especially for the children,

Maranatha





No comments:

Post a Comment