Visits

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Election 2020: In pursuit of false balances

Father, Lord, and Holy Spirit,
I come humbly before You for You alone are gracious. You are the Almighty God…who can stand before You?

Yet, You beckon us to come and to come boldly. Your generous grace humbles me before You for I am as much a sinner as the next. But for Your saving grace, I would be without hope.

You are so clear about Your desires. You want all men to be saved. Thank You.

That included me and by the crushing weight from Your Holy Spirit, I saw my need for a Savior. And You showed me Your grace and Your desire to save me from my sin. Holy Spirit, thank You for the heavy weight with which You weighed down my soul. Thank You, God of my Salvation, for pursuing me until I was so exhausted that I threw myself into Your arms, begging for Your mercy. Thank You that You poured out both Your mercy and grace upon me. You cleansed my soul and renewed my spirit and gave me life.

It is beyond me to understand why and how the God of the Universe would be interested in me. But You are - every detail. I fall before You.

What about the people involved in our government? You care about every one of them too. Pursue them! Pursue them like You did me - for their lives depend on it. My heart yearns for Truth to rise up and for people to see the stealthy, fraudulent, criminal proceedings that have perplexed this nation. I admit that I want these people brought to justice! I want to see Truth rise up and for them to be humiliated! Forgive me! I am not aligned with Your will.

You want them to receive Your Salvation. You are after their souls. You see the despicable actions that they have committed and their desire to take this nation down…I loath them and detest what they have done. You come loving them and pursuing them…You come with forgiveness in hand if they will receive Your grace unto salvation. I want them gone! You want them with You forever.

You want them saved. You came to save the sinners. So many believe they are walking in the power of their destiny and they are doing what is right and necessary. They have decided that they know what is right. But YOU are the author of righteousness. I repent.

Have mercy on them. Pursue them as You pursued me, unrelentingly pushing my sin in front of my eyes and heart, exhausting me until I could no longer escape my thoughts or deny the filth of my life. And there You stood, loving me, beckoning me to give myself over into Your outstretched arms. Please, loving God, do the same for them.
Proverbs 11:1-3
1 A false balance is abomination to the Lord: but a just weight is his delight.
2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.
3 The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.
You hate a false balance. Many of the judges in this land, many politicians, many “officials” have created the means to deny Truth with false balances. Many in the media perpetuate the lies and blackout Truth. The number of people involved in this horrific fraud is more than can be counted. But You know O God.

Their pride swells to the point of consuming everything in front of them and leaves a wake full of filth, lies, and devastation. You cannot back out of Your Word, which tells us that shame awaits them. You are just. You are Justice. As much as You love them, You also demand justice.

So I come before You. These people are being used too. They are puppets of the Lord of the Power of the Air: Satan. So I ask for Your mercy upon them. I ask that You move forward, as You did with me, and beckon them to You. Pursue them until their exhaustion overtakes them. Draw them to You. Satan has drawn them from You, please take them back. Please bring them into Your Kingdom. You made them in Your own image. Bring Your image bearers back. I ask it.

In Jesus’ Name.



No comments:

Post a Comment