Visits

Saturday, September 3, 2022

Praying for the U.S. (Psalm 39)

O God of gods, the One True and Living God...
Your eyes are on all the earth and You miss nothing.
You order the steps of nations and You watch to see how individuals will manage the free-will that You give us. You miss nothing. Nothing escapes You.

I come. I devote myself to watch my behavior and to not sin with my tongue. The wicked are all around, yet I strive to be obedient. I strive not to return evil for evil, but dedicate my words to return good for their evil.

I am silent. I say nothing, but the pain keeps welling up within me. My heart grows hot as I see the wicked prosper. Fire burns within me. Show me, O God, my end.

My days are numbered, how them shall I live. I am but a transient creature, a handbreadth. For You, our lives are but nothing. The length of our lives is nothing compared to the eternity of Your existence.

Everyone is but a puff of wind. We go about like shadows. We don't know who will benefit. You are our only hope. Rescue us from our transgressions that we not be the butt of fools.

I am silent. I keep my mouth shut - because You, O God have brought this devastation upon the land. You are just. You are right. Your righteousness is true.

What will cause You to stop raining blows upon this land? What can stop the pounding of Your fists that wear us down? What will motivate us to turn from our wickedness and stand before You in obedience?

Your discipline is ignored. People embrace their guilt with glee. They flaunt Your directions that would protect them. Did You send this delusion? ...at their request?

All are merely a puff of wind.

Hear my meager prayer and listen to my cry. Hear the weeping of my heart. Though I am but a traveler passing through, I have dedicated my life to You. I plead with You on behalf of this nation. Have mercy, O God of mercy.

Turn Your gaze upon me. Restore the joy of my (Your) salvation to my heart. Fill my mouth with words of Life that others may know You. Make me a conduit that others may turn find hope through Your Word.

Jesus, You are the living Word. Come quickly. Maranatha.
           


No comments:

Post a Comment