Visits

Monday, September 5, 2022

The God who hears (Psalm 40)

O God, my God,
I put my trust in You alone. All else is folly as the world turns to madness.

Psalm 40
I turned to You, my God, and waited patiently for You. I continued my vigil day and night until You heard my cry and turned to me.

You brought me up from a roaring pit! You pulled me from the muddy ooze, and You set my feet upon a rock. Jesus Christ, Messiah, YOU are the Rock! You are my firm footing.

You put a new song in my mouth and I will sing all the day long. You gave me a song of praise that I can give back to You. Oh that many may see and hear what You have done for me and put their trust in You. You are the One True God.

Blessed are they that trust in You and do not turn to men or false teachings.

Look at all You have done for me! For others! For the United States! Your wonders and your thoughts towards us have not been hidden. None can compare with You! There is more to tell than can be spoken. Great has been Your blessing on us.

You have asked fro obedience. Sacrifice of grain and burnt offereings have not been Your preferrence. You ask for obedience. You graciously give Your attention. You listen to my calls, my cries, and You know the desires of my heart. Thank You.

You have a book and I am in Your Book of Life! You have written everything there is to know about me and YOU have saved me for Your eternal pleasure. It is too much for me to imagine. God of grace and mercy.

Grant me audience to proclaim Your righteousness, to declare Your faithfulness and salvation. Put words of praise to You, and grant eyes to see and ears to hear...O God, grant me an audience to proclaim Your grace, Your mercy, Your righteousness and Your judgment.

Put Your words in my mouth. May they well up from within me as fire that cannot be contained. May I be Your mouthpiece? May I proclaime Your coming kingdom, judgement, and salvation? It is my heart to do so.

To do Your will is my joy. Your Word is my delight. Fill me iwth understanding and focus for each day, that I can truly be Your delight. Lead me in the way You have prepared for me and guide me that my steps not move to the left or the right, and that I do not stumble. To live for You is life.

The world has turned against You...as You said it would. Evil has infiltrated...everywhere I look, evil has permeated the living and guides each entity to its death. Have mercy on us O God of Life.

Iniquity pours out on Your people day and night. Its darkenss pours out and covers our eyes and ears. The murmerings of the evil one pound at our minds and hdearts all the day long. (But he will not prevail.)

Many have secumbed to the sway of evil. They have embraced it with all their being. Evil engulfs me every day. I cannot see, hear or even think at times, because it is so pervasive. O forgive me when my courage fails.

Hurry O God. May it please You to resuce me! ...and all who put their trust in You for their salvation! Hurry to help us!

What about those who see our destruction? ...that seek to sweep me away? Will You disgrace and humiliate them altogether? Many take pleasure in doing me harm. Will You turn them back and put them to confusion. Many jeer at me...but it's really You they try to disgrace. May they be aghast and put to shame. (Selah)

Many seek You. May they be filled with joy, unspeakable!
Be our gladness each day.
May we all rise up and speak of Your love and Your salvation always:
Jesus Christ is great and glorious! He is our strength and salvation!

O God, we are poor and needy. Think kindly on us each day.
You are our helper and rescuer and our only hope.
O God, don't delay!

Maranatha!

           


Intercessors For America offers a variety of helpful resources to pray for our nation: daily devotionals, prayer bookmarks.

***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. It is inspired by the Intercessors for America newsletter. Learn more and consider joining this incredible organization, that is committed to praying for America.

No comments:

Post a Comment