Visits

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Longing for God. Has He forsaken us? (Psalm 42)

O God, my God,
Hear me when I call.

As the deer longs for te running streams, my soul longs for You.
I am thirsty for You. I am thirsty for the living God! When can I come and appear before You?

My tears fall witout ceasing. Day and night they are my food. People ask me, "Where are You? ...Where is the God you tell us about? ... He has surely abandoned you?"

My soul wells up from deep within me...when I could go to the house of the Lord, with sounds of joy in my heart; praying freely and proclaiming Your Name. With many others, we came and gave praise to te God of our salvation, to the God who blessed us, year in and year out.

Together we observed holy-days together and in Your Nae. We did not nbeed to cover our faith for fear from the crowds.

O my soul; why are you downcast? Why do you groan from within? My hope is with God and I will praise Him evermore. I will not hold back my praise, for He is my life and my salvation.

O God of Life, when I am downcast, I remind myself of You and Your faithfulness through the years. You have preserved me without fail. From the darkest night, You have lifted me out of the darkness and set me on the Rock, in the Light.

Deep calls to deep. The colossal waves surge against me. The works of evil threaten me day and night.

But You command Your grace to surround me. In the night Your song is with me. It rises up from within and brings praise and glory to the God who is Salvation.

Yet, the pressure from the enemy is great. Why must I go about mourning? Have You forgotten me?

The adversaty taunts me. I feel as if my bones are crushed to powder. I can no longer stand on my own. All day long they jibe me asking, "Where is your God?"

O my soul, why are you so downcast? Why are you groaning yet from deep within me?

My hope is in God. I will praise him again and again. Forever will I lift up praise to te God of my Salvation, for He is my faithful Savior and my God.

Amen.

Maranatha

           


***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. It is inspired by the Intercessors for America newsletter. Learn more and consider joining this incredible organization, that is committed to praying for America.

No comments:

Post a Comment