Visits

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Court is in session. All rise. (Psalm 50)

The Mighty One, God Almighty, is speaking and summons the world from east to west. Out of Zion, Almighty God, the perfection of beauty, shines forth and calls the earth to attention.

Our God is coming and He will not remain silent. Fire devours at His command. It clears the path ahead of Him and storms rage around Him. He calls to the heavens above and the earth, and He comes to judge His people.

His command is heard over all the earth, "Gather to me my faithful. Those who have made a covenant with Me by sacrifice, Come!"

The heavens proclaim His righteousness and none can deny Him. God, Himself is Judge. He is just and He alone proclaims Justice.

(Selah)

Listen, for God is testifying against you:
Your sacrifices are stale before Me. I have no need of anything you can bring. Your sacrifices and offerings mean nothing to Me.

Do you not know that I am the Creator and All things exist at my order. All the animals are mine. All that you bring to me is mine already. It has always been mine. I have no need of your simple gifts.

Offer thanksgiving from your heart as your sacrifice to Me. Be faithful to your allegiance to Me. These are meaningful. Call on Me when you are in trouble and I will deliver you.

If you will honor Me in your heart, and raise Me up and have no other gods before Me, then I will answer you in your time of trouble. I will deliver you for you honor Me.

But to the wicked, the Almighty God says:
What right do you have to proclaim my laws or take my covenant on your lips? You take My instruction and fling it behind you. You ignore my laws that are meant to protect you.

When you see evil, you join in. You partner with the thief, the adulterers...you desire to mock Me and flagrantly lift your voice and intentions to spit in My face. You give your mouth free rein for evil.

Your hearts are intentionally directed toward deceit.

Should I remain silent? Do you think I am unaware? ...or too busy? Perhaps you thought you are like Me and come as a valid adversary.

Know this: I will rebuke you and indict you to your face. I will do this thing before the world.

Whoever offers thanksgiving –his sacrifices honors Me. To him who goes the right way, to him, will show my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment