Visits

Monday, September 12, 2022

My help in time of trouble (Psalm 46)

O God who is faithful,

I come and petition You. The land has turned against You. People seek every possible way to refute Your power. All the day long they inspire each other to find ways to torment those of us who honore You.

But You are our refuge and strength. You are an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore I am unafraid. I need not fear. If they have their way, the earth will give way and the mountains will tumble. They are haughty and believe they have complete control. Yet You are omnipotent. They do not consider this because they cannot acknowledge Your existence. But their ignorance does not change the facts.

Nothing is outside of Your purview. Nothing is beyond Your power. THe mountains my tumble into the sea, and waters may rage and foam. The mountains may shake - but it is all at Your Word and Your desire.

THere is a river whose streams gladden the city of God. Oh how I look forward to being there... Your holy habitation.

You are in the city. It will not be moved. You are its help and salvation.

Nations are in turmoil, kingdoms are moved. Your voice thunders forth and Your earth melts away.

You are with us. You are our fortres You are God. Let all the earth keep silence.

COME...see the works of our God...the God of Heaven and Earth. See the astounding creation of the One True and Living God! Behold the earth and all that is therein. Rehearse all that He has done, His many astounding deeds.

Do you not believe - COME and see. The ends of the earth obey His voice. All things are under His feet. He is supreme over the nations and over the earth.

I will not let my heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. God is with me and for me. Of whom shall I be afraid?

Maranatha!

           


***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. It is inspired by the Intercessors for America newsletter. Learn more and consider joining this incredible organization, that is committed to praying for America.

No comments:

Post a Comment