Visits

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

A petition for safety for heads of states (Psalm 4)

O God who lives, my God,
Hear me when I call.

You are the God of righteousness. You know my going out and my coming in. You have uplifted me in times of distress. Have mercy on me and hear my prayer.

The world has turned Your glory into shame. They loathe all that You have said and they intentionally feed the rebellion of all that You stand for. The world is chasing its own vanity and laughs haughtily at Your Word.

Yet, O God, there are those of us who petition You on behalf of this nation and on behalf of this world, which has gone astray. There are those in whom You have created a clean heart...O God who is Truth, hear our prayers.

We come, offering the offering of obedience. We bring the righteousness of Jesus Christ with us, for we know we have none of our own. We come. We stand in awe. We cannot look upon Your purity, Your righteousness, Your sovereign authority. We can only be silent before You.

You have set us apart. O God, hear our prayer. We ask, not because we deserve Your attention, but becuase we are Your children and because You have beconned us to do so.

So many doubt You. And many who know You are looking, they scorn You and spit on Your ways, knowing that You are looking. Their haughtyness is their delight.

O God, have mercy.

I come, asking Your attention on the gathering on Monday. So many heads of states. O God, please protect them from mischevious ploys.

Lift up the light of Your countenance, that they may see and know You are God. May the encounter be undeniable, that those who would, come forth in belief.

You have put gladness in my heart, for You are sovereign. Nothing can change it. I place this in Your hands with my request and ask these people may, at this time, dwell in safety.

Blessed be the Name of the Lord, who hears the petition of His servant.

Maranatha!

           


***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. It is inspired by the Intercessors for America newsletter. Learn more and consider joining this incredible organization, that is committed to praying for America.

No comments:

Post a Comment