Visits

Friday, January 22, 2021

Election 2020: ...with rigor! ...count it all joy!

God of all Comfort,
Father, who attends to my call,
Prince of Peace, who brought me to the Father at great price,
Holy Spirit, who indwells me,

Thank You for the day and for the abundance of opportunity that lies before me. Fill my heart with joy, with Truth, with faith…Your faith. Draw me close and fill me, that I may hold strong and be found faithful, for the sake of Your kingdom. Amen!

What is this that I feel? Am I feeling a bit hopeless at the thought that this situation will not be turned around? But You are the One who turns around situations. That’s what Your Word is all about! Take courage, O my soul! Rise up before the God who Turns around situations! We mess it up and YOU turn it around for good. Thank You.

It’s easy to say, “I am trusting in You…and say “You alone can expose the evil and save these people. I is easy to say in my heart, “All is well.” …it is easy to say it when I can find encouragement that those in power have a plan.

Have I been trusting in their plan? …rather than Yours? Forgive me…for I have, to some degree. I’m not sure if I thought You are in control and blessing their plan…OK…
OR
You are helping others implement their plan. Not good.

You have the only plan and through it, Your purposes will be fulfilled. Glory and thanksgiving to God on High. Your plan is clear:
…that all men be saved.
With intention, I shift my focus to Your Plan.

Father, the “chat” is disconcerting as many people, now in power, are calling for any conservative voice to be identified as a traitor to this nation.

I take heart that, one the one hand, there is a call for “unity.” …and on the other hand there is outright hatred and retaliation…a commitment to silencing any and all opposition. Hmmm…there is division in this faux administration. You clearly state that:
Matthew 12:25 “And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:”
WOW! That’s clear. That’s part of YOUR Plan…Thank You!

So what is my commission at this time? It has not changed:
Matthew 28: 19-20 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
How do I apply it to my living today?

Father, You have shown me that many people have been coerced to choose between the life of loved ones and committing heinous acts. They have been black-mailed, tricked, and stealthily beguiled. You want every one of them saved, if they will turn to You.

I stand before You, humbled that You would allow me to do so. You have placed certain people on my heart and I plead for their salvation. I plead for Truth to come to them in many ways and to distract their attention so they can turn to You and be set free.

I ask that You put people on the hearts of all my brothers and sisters, specific individuals, that they may do likewise.
1 Timothy 2:1 “I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;”
Reveal to them how to pray for those You have placed on their heart. Compel us to stand before Your throne of grace an plead for their souls. With every thought and breath, may the Gospel go out for the glory of the Kingdom…and may we count it all joy:
Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
I bring my brothers and sisters before You…have mercy on us all as we await YOUR Plan to save this nation. May we all commit ourselves, with great rigor and excitement as we fulfill the commission You have given us. You have given us our orders, equipped us with full armor for battle. May we be found faithful.

Compatriots in arms! Hands together!

Praise be to God on High!





1 comment: