Visits

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Election 2020: Light

God of all living, Creator and Giver of Life.
Jesus, Your words: "I am the way , the truth and the life." Thank You.

God of my heart, In You I put my trust. Hold captive my mind and emotions that my spirit is in tune with Your Spirit. May all that I am please You and serve Your causes. As You taught us Jesus, “Not my will, but Yours.” I bend my knee, now.

You are Light! Shed Your light within me! …and within each member of Your church. Pour out Your Spirit for such a time as this - that we find ourselves. You are Light!
1 John 1:5-7
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Thank You for Your Word and that we can, without hesitation, know that it is True and will stand. Shed Your light fully within each of us that we may be Your light to the world as You commanded us to do!
Matthew 5:14-16
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
WOW! Your Light through us! Father, we have hidden Your light under a bushel. We have hidden under the bushel ourselves. Forgive us and give us strength to crawl out from our hiding places and seek the candlestick. May we pour our hearts into the good works that glorify You!

Father, we can’t do this in our own strength. Guide us in Your strength. I want to be Your light. Please shine forth through me. Please spread Your Light in others who are Yours, that together we may be the Light to the world as You intended.

Please make us aware of Your light within us! May we enjoy Your Light!

Am I afraid of what Your light might reveal? Are others? Do we have those “skeletons” in our closets that need to be thrown out? Have we turned everything in our lives over to You …except the tiny key to the little room with our darkest secrets? Help us Holy Spirit —to come clean. Completely clean. And open the floodgates that Your Light may shine forth without hinderance.

Establish a pure heart in all of us who call You Lord, and who serve You as the Most High God. Remove every detail and crumb that hinders Your work, Your Light, Your Spirit from having free reign within our lives: our hearts, minds, and actions. I ask You to be our framework for our living without compromise. Establish us on the Rock! Hallelujah!

SELAH

A lighthouse! Your church! A lighthouse during the storms we find ourselves in: in our minds, in our families; in our neighborhoods, in our communities, in our towns and cities, in our states and in our nation: The United States of America: One Nation Under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I seek You O God, hear my prayer.





No comments:

Post a Comment