Visits

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Election 2020: Suffer the little children...

To You, the Holy God, the God Most Holy.

My soul cries out on behalf of a nation in distress and in complete turmoil. The dagger is out of the sheath; raised, and at the ready to pierce the heart of this nation—which is our Constitution. I hold my breath as I wait for You, my God and my Savior.

You judge the nations. We have, as a nation, abandoned You and forsaken Your Word. We have mocked You —making ourselves gods and rebuking Your direction, Your ways, and Your Word. Truly we have neglected the very fabric of this nation, that is woven into the Constitution by Your hand, Your Word, and Your Spirit. All from the days of its signing on September 17, 1787.

You were there. Were You beaming with pride as we became One Nation Under God? Thank You!…for truly, You have embraced us, blessed us, raised us up as a world power and defender of righteousness, freedom and justice throughout the world. You raised us to stand for and with Your beloved Israel and defend her to the world.

Throughout our history, You have given us a spirit of ingenuity and we have, and continue to bless the world with the overflow of Your blessings. I give You thanks and pour out my heart of gratitude for Your blessings that exceed my comprehension.

But there is the matter of children.
Yes children. Vulnerable, trusting, and powerless. We have sinned so grievously with regard to the care of Your inheritance. They are Yours! …on loan for our care.
Psalm 127:3
“Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.”
We are aghast when we read in the Bible, that a King sacrificed his firstborn son at the gates of a city. (I Kings 16:34). …and yet, we turned our backs as millions of unborn children are murdered every day in our communities. Please have mercy. We have, without mercy, stolen that which is Yours.

This brings me to the matter that we have not concerned ourselves regarding the safety of children that are sold into slavery. The human trafficking of children is not unknown to us.

Sex-trafficking of these most vulnerable gifts, has become a hidden part of our society yet right in front of us. It is so repulsive and loathsome, that we, many of us (most?)…those in Your church have turned away. We have not even bothered to raise a feeble prayer under our breath as we see the pictures of missing children.

Perhaps this has been our greatest offense. O God have mercy. Whatever You deem right and whatever You place on this nation is just. It is justified.

I weep before Your throne at our negligence. I am guilty. Your church is guilty. And Your judgement rightly begins with us.
1 Peter 4:17
“For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?”
Have mercy O God. Right along with the abortion matter comes these children and adolescents who have been abused in the most abhorrent manner. Our neglect of this issue is reprehensible and loathsome. Forgive us for turning away. The thought is past what I can bear.

I have not called on You to give me the strength or even ask You what to do. And I have left You alone with it. I have done little or nothing. I have abandoned You and deprived Your work, through me. By not getting involved, I have denied Your work through me regarding this matter—which should have been paramount! It should have taken first priority.

May I have another chance? Would You give Your church another chance? There are some who have tackled theses issues head on! They have dedicated their time, energy and resources against abortion and sex trafficking!

If given another chance, are there those who would stop, hear, and heed Your call to remove this curse on our nation?

How big is this issue? You know O God. Surely it is a global pestilence that goes deeper and broader, infiltrating the full scope of Your world… and it is there, right in front of us. Children reaching out and begging for someone to notice and help.

Remove the self-inposed shields that have veiled our vision and purpose as Your people! Your church!

Bring deep repentance AND O God —bring resolution on this matter. These dens of iniquity are all around us! CONSCIBE US! Press us to come running to report for service.

I come. I am reporting for duty.

Please hear my call to release this nation from this self-inflicted curse, that You can once again bless us.

For the kingdom of Jesus Christ, Messiah and King of Kings.





No comments:

Post a Comment