Visits

Monday, October 17, 2022

Waiting in silence for God alone (Psalm 62)

O God who sees the lonely, the hurting, the abandoned, see me.

My salvation comes from You and You alone and to thee I pray. You are my Rock, my salvation; You are my stronghold, what can man do to me?

Ho long, O Lord will You allow the decrepit wickedness of the world to continue? Your followers, who look longingly to You see Your flock as a sagging wall and a shaky fence...they lie in wait for our destruction.

They want to shake us. They take to lying and delight in the lies that bring destruction. They are heinous in their manners as they bless with their mouths and curse behind the back. Then they bring people into public forum and make a spectacle of them that others, who see the evil, will be silent.

My soul waits in silence for God alone, and becuse my hope comes from Him, He will answer me. He will not leave me alone. He will not leave me without comfort. The One True living God is is my stronghold and I will not be moved.

Uphold us to trust in Him. Gather Your people to trust in Him at all times. By Your Spirit, let our hearts overflow as we pour out our heart before Him. He is our refuge.

Seal us to trust in You alone. Let us not allow our eyes to look to those in the world who hold earthly power or those who are deemed important, They are merely a sham, and laid in the balance-scale, they go up as lighter than nothing.

Harden us, Your true believers, that we not wary from putting our trust in extortion, or the false hope of robbery. Let us not move to set our hearts on wealth, but work fervently for the Kingdom of Jesus Christ.

O God, You have spoken. Strength belongs to You. You are the God of grace. In the end, You will see that all receive their due reward –as their deeds deserve. Maranatha!

           


***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. It is inspired by the Intercessors for America newsletter. Learn more and consider joining this incredible organization, that is committed to praying for America.

No comments:

Post a Comment