Visits

Sunday, October 2, 2022

Resting in peace and safety (Psalm 57)

Oh God of Life, God of the Living, be exalted about the heavens. Glory to the God of Life. Glory to the Son who is the Way, the truth, the Life. Glory to the Holy Spirit who reveals to each the reality of Your existence, such that all are without excuse.

You are refuge for those who hide in You. I hide in You. Under the shadow of Your wings I sit in the peace and safety of Your care as the storms rage here on the earth. Thank You.

I call upon You, The MOST High God. You are accomplishing Your purpose for me! You have put everything in place and, each day, You lead me through troubled waters, through pleasant fields, through mine-fields that the enemy has set for me. But You are there and You are faithful.

You will send from heaven and save me as those who would trample me down take place to mock me. You see them. You have prepared a place of refuge for me.

Jesus, You have promeised that You go before me and that You will return to take me from here to the place You have prepared for me. Yes, I rest in peace as the world is in tumult.

You send Your grace and truth each day. You fill me up. You sustain me in confidence.

We are surrounded by lions; people who lie in wait to destroy us. They breathe fire, their teeth are like spears and arrows. Their tongue is like a two-edged sword and they incite doubt, division, and fear.

But God. MY God, causes me to dwell in peace and safety and promises that they sudden destruction will come to those who have lifted themselves as gods.

Be exalted O God, be exalted above the heavens. Fill the earth with Your glory. Do not delay for the enemy is stealthily making swift moves to remove those who put their trust in You.

Tey prepared snares for our feet, they have dug pits on the path. Cause them to fall into their own snares and pits, O God. Raise Yourself up on our behalf! Raise us up on Your behalf!

You are faithful and my trust is in You alone. All the day long, I sing Your praise and make music to raise the Name of Jesus before those who hate me. Rise up, my Jesus, rise up on my behalf. Sing a song from heaven over my life and fill me with the words that encourage.

Sing a song over me that brings Your majest through my lips to those who would hear that YOU are the way of salvation. You have paid the eternal price for sin to all who would hear Your call.

Call them loudly! Those who would be in my path and open my mouth with the Word of Life! Fill me with Truth! Pour Yourself out through this life that others may know You. Bring Your song among the nations!

Awaken Your standing army - the Body of Christ! YOUR Body. Raise us up with song and words of Life. Grant us urgency and fill us with Your everlasting joy that overflows from us with a great surge of the Gospel. Oh use us to bring in the harvest. ...and that we may be faithful to Your commission to make disciples.

Use us. Pour out Your music through us. Play us as an instrument - Your lute, Your lyre, Your tambourine, Your voice. Bring us forth as a mighty orchestra that proclaims the Gospel: JESUS SAVES! Hallelujah!

Your grace is great - yes, all the way to heaven.
Your truth is sure - all the way to the skies and beyond.

Be exalted O God, above the heaven! May we proclaim Your glory over all the earth!
Amen!

Maranatha!

           


***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. It is inspired by the Intercessors for America newsletter. Learn more and consider joining this incredible organization, that is committed to praying for America.

No comments:

Post a Comment