Visits

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

I plead my case before a righteous God (Psalm 64)

I plead my case before You, for You are a righteous God.

Hear my voice, for I shudder with the pain in my heart. I plead from the depths within me for I am under the attack of Your enemy who hates You. And he hates me. Save me, preserve my life from the fear that is poured out.

Hide me from the secret devices of the wicked all around. The insurrection of evildoers permeates all the space and there is no way to breathe. They sharpen their tongue an spew out death to all who want to serve you. Their words are like swords. They aim their arrows with their poisoned words.

Help Lord, for Your servant pleads before You.

They shoot at the innocent, suddenly and fearfully. They fear nothing because, in their arrogance, they are do not acknowledge You. Together they find ways to divert good. Their snares for the righteous leave no room for stepping.

They think You do not see them –they even lie to themselves. They search to complete their evil desires as they conjur them up in their minds. The dept of their heart is putrid and there is not place for light.

You are God. Suddenly, You will shoot them down. Your arrows leave them wounded. Their own tongues make them to stumble. All who see them will shake their head with in disgust.

Move quickly O God, that eveyone may know that You are God and You are at work.

Move quickly O God, and show all who look...that they may understand that You are at work.

Let us rejoice in You as we take refuge in the safety of Your presence.
I lift Your Name on high, for You alone are worthy to be exalted.
Praise is for You alone.

Hear my feeble prayer, O God who hears. I plead before You.

Maranatha!

           


***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. It is inspired by the Intercessors for America newsletter. Learn more and consider joining this incredible organization, that is committed to praying for America.

No comments:

Post a Comment