Visits

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Searching for God in the Desert (Psalm 63)

Oh God who sees me in the desert,

It is dark, cold, then hot. The winds blow sand in my thinking. It is never quiet, because the the accusations of the enemy presses in my mind against my heart and soul.

I seek You eagerly. My heart thirsts for the Living Water. My body longs for the Bread of Life.

This land is spiritually parched. It is exhausted and void of light. Death creeps into every crevass and the putrid smell of evil saturates everything.

Yet it cannot touch the majesty and brilliance of You, the One True Living God. Your power and glory cannot be dulled. Although the enemy seems big to me, he pales before You. He is dull and weak. He cannot even consider Your power. He is like a ant before the anteater. He is like a frog before the alligator. Truly, he is miniscule and he disolves before the Name of Jesus. Hallelujah.

I will contemplate You in the sanctuary of prayer, seeing Your glory and Your power...it is magnificent. You O God of the Living, of all the earth, Your grace is better than life.

  • You are life. Your enmey is death.
  • You are gracious. Your enemy hungers.
  • You are omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. Your enemy is insufficient and restricted.
  • You are wisdom complete. Your enemy is so full of pride, he is doomed to destruction.
Now: whom shall I fear?

I will worship You, O God. All the day long, will I praise You for Your glory has not end. You cannot be minimized. Your love and care, Your provision is complete. Truly, it was complete before creation and will remain coplete forever.

Yes, I will bless You as long as I have breath. I will lift my hands in praise and lfit Your Name on high. For You are the Most High God and there is none like You.

You alone can satisfy. You alone bring living water and bread of life because You ARE the Living Water and You ARE the Bread of LIfe.

You are profound joy, I bow my head to receive Your grace. I meditate on Your goodness day and night and it sustains me, even here in the desert.

O God, You have been my help. You have placed me under the shadow of Your wings. Here I rejoice in God my Savior. Here, Your right arm upholds me and Your right hand support me. I will no fall For You are my support.

Your enemy, who seeks to destroy me will go down to the pit prepared for him. He will receive Your recompense for all the evil he has wrought. He will be silenced forever and You, O God will be exalted.

Jesus Christ is the One True Christ. Glory be the Lord of lords, King of kings, and Name above ALL names.

Maranatha!

           


***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. It is inspired by the Intercessors for America newsletter. Learn more and consider joining this incredible organization, that is committed to praying for America.

No comments:

Post a Comment