Visits

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Furnace Prayers: Will I deny Him too?

Father, who sent Your only Son,
Lord Jesus, who obediently gave Your life,
Holy Spirit, who comforts, strengthens, and teaches,

You are the God who cares so deeply that You gave all of Yourself for our sake. …for my sake. We observe this “holy week”…remembering the cost of our sin…that separates us and establishes a barrier to relationship with You.

Not popular anymore. No longer safe.
I read about Peter’s denial of You. When I am with others in the faith, when I am safe in my home, when no one else is around…I too am quite confident that I would never forsake You and at that moment I feel like I would give my life for You. Just like Peter.

BUT,

Will I stand strong?
Especially now: faith in You has become a threat to this society…we, believers in Your grace, are now called traitors, and we are now considered religious extremists. Will I stand strong for You - here in this situation? Will I stand strong before others who believe that all references to You are examples of white supremacy?

When I am out and about, when opportunities arise to speak of Your love and care…will I be silent, or will I speak Truth? Jesus, You are Truth. You knew that Peter would deny You. Did it break Your heart? ...and You know what I will do when the situation presents itself. I cannot and do not trust myself.

It’s easy, when I know I’m safe. But how will I respond when the act of speaking Truth is a threat to those in control? How will I respond when it may risk my freedom, my livelihood, or my life?

You know, O Lord.
Have mercy on me. Strengthen me.
Matthew 10:19
But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
Fill me with the joy of Your salvation.
Philippians 3:10
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Is this time for the fellowship of Your sufferings?
Requests:
  • Clear out all that cannot serve You.
  • Replace my doubts and fears with confidence because YOU are the Author and Finisher of my faith.
    Hebrews 12:2
    Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
  • Stir up in me the gifts that You have placed within me to serve You without wavering.
  • Grant me a double measure of courage and boldness that I may stand before You without regret.
Thank You that You forgave and restored Peter.

Maranatha!





No comments:

Post a Comment