Visits

Friday, April 30, 2021

Furnace Prayers: Tempest Voice

O Lord God of the heavens,

You are the God of all Creation. You speak and the storm ceases. You speak and the mountain is removed to the ocean. You speak and the fig tree withers and is no more. The earth is Yours and all that is here. You set the sky and firmament, the land and the rivers…You speak and they obey You.
Psalm 13:1-2
How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? for ever?
How long wilt thou hide they face from me?

How long shall I take counsel in my soul,
having sorrow in my heart daily?
How long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
At every turn, the enemy tries to thwart the truth in this nation. Lies come from every corner, never missing an opportunity to bury Truth and condemn the innocent.
Psalm 13:3
Consider and hear me, O Lord my God;
lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
O God who formed me and knew me while I was yet in my mother’s womb, hear my prayer. For I cry out to You in exhaustion. The enemy never sleeps. You know. Hear my cry, my request that You move swiftly and speedily on behalf of the nation. As each day passes, the Truth sinks deeper and in some cases, it withers away.

No, No O God, have mercy on us. Rise up. I press You on this matter. Glorify Yourself in these difficult times. Rise up, O God and be glorified.
Psalm 13:4
Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him;
and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
Call it to a stop! Speak in the tempest! Still the waters! Silence their laughter. Hear their proud, haughty and arrogant talk. Those in the media promote that which they are told. Payoffs behind the table. Devious actions to cover up heinous sin.

O God, You know all of this. Please call it to a stop. Raise up Truth. Proclaim the day of salvation.
Psalm 13:5
But I have trusted in thy mercy;
my heart shall rejoice in they salvation.
You alone O God. I trust in You alone. Truth comes from You. You are Truth.

Is it true:
"We need winds and tempests to exercise our faith, to tear off the rotten bough of self-dependence, and to root us more firmly in Christ. The day of evil reveals to us the value of our glorious hope."
Spurgeon, C. H. (1896). Morning and evening: Daily readings. London: Passmore & Alabaster. Morning reading for April 29.

Speak in the tempest, O God. Call for Truth to this nation. I ask it. Boldly.
Psalm 13:6
I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
My song is at the ready. My heart ready to rejoice. Please, O God, how much longer?

Please, save the children.

Maranatha.





No comments:

Post a Comment