Visits

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Furnace Prayers: Lovers of Truth

You, O God are Truth.
I come to You on behalf of this nation. Truly, this nation has fallen away from Truth - in any sense of the word. Please forgive us.

You are Truth. You have not changed. You have not held back from us. You have not gone into hiding or concealed Yourself so that You could not be found.
John 14:6
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

Malachi 3:6 “For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.”
And You are watching. You see what is going on and You don’t miss anything - not a detail.
Proverbs 15:3
"The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.”
You are Comfort.
Your Word gives me comfort. I feel helpless to do something to help the nation – or even my neighbor as I see all that is happening. Thank You that You are steadfast in Truth. You are not fickle. You aren’t visible one day, so that everyone can find You, and then hidden the next day. You are trust-worthy and I will trust in You.

You are my comfort in these days of uncertainty.

Truth is hard.
Father, Truth is hard. Truth is hard when it exposes a false narrative. WOW…those are new words. A false narrative… is a lie. It is a false-hood. It is a lie.

Truth is hard when it exposes the lies in our living and the corruption of our hearts.

Truth condemns us! It convicts us! Yet, You love us, even when we are hiding behind the lies of our desires…our false narratives that we seem to protect by calling evil good and good evil.

O God of Life, I cannot simply push this off on the nation. I too have the ability to justify my actions when it suits me. I’m good at that! I want what I want. Please forgive me. Please forgive this nation. Please help me change. Please help this nation change.

The knowledge of Good and Evil…all the way from the Garden of Eden…when they consumed its fruit… this knowledge is now in every person who is born. We know the difference between right and wrong. We don’t have to teach two-year olds to lie. Surely, it is “in” us.
Jeremiah 17:9
“The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?”
I take comfort because You are Truth and You expose our hearts and You provide the way for us to be cleansed of the evil that is in us. And You protect us from the evil that surrounds us.

False narratives enslave us. Truth sets us free.

Requests:
  • Please expose the evil that pervades this nation.
  • Please set us free from the enslavement of these false narratives.
  • Grant us contrite hearts to face the truth about our wickedness.
  • Give us courage to face the evil, knowing You are with us.
  • Bring us to the saving grace that Your Truth can save us.
  • Turn our hearts to be Lovers of Truth.
  • Let nothing satisfy us, so that we run to Your Light and find Your grace.
  • May Truth reign in our hearts and in this nation once again…even in Arizona.
I ask it. I ask boldly. I ask for the children. ...Please save the children.

Maranatha.





No comments:

Post a Comment