Visits

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Furnace Prayers: Thanksgiving for the victory

God of grace and God of glory,

…to Thy people pour Thy Power. You are the all powerful, omnipotent God. You alone. In You alone is salvation. I pour my heart of thanksgiving at Your feet, for it is Your heart that all men be saved.

Omnipotent
This nation, the United States of America, is in peril. We are at the precipice of destruction. But all is not lost. For You, O God, are the God of victory. Thank You for Your Holy Word that proclaims Your heart and Your power.

How many times did You save Israel? How many times did You fight their battles and enable them to overcome their enemy? Surely, it was when they turn to You. That’s Who you are. When we turn to You, You bring the victory.
Isaiah 30:15
“For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.”
I come. I come to You for Your salvation of this nation. We bear Your Name: One Nation Under God. Surely, we have turned from You and we must return to You and to Your rest and be saved. I am returning. I confess and repent that I have not prayed and or done my part to secure the freedom of this nation. I have been a poor steward. Please forgive me.

I have believed others when they have promised to take care of our freedoms and defend the Constitution. Your servant, Mr. Spurgeon, says it well:
“The kisses of an enemy are deceitful.” Let me be on my guard when the world puts on a loving face, for it will, if possible, betray me as it did my Master, with a kiss.
Spurgeon, C. H. (1896). Morning and evening: Daily readings. London: Passmore & Alabaster.
Omnipresent
O God of heaven, this is truly happening now. There is so much that is going on each day. You are omnipresent - You see it all. As You have opened my eyes to see the degradation that has taken over so much of our leadership, and to see the use of fear to control this nation, I am reminded that there is only so much I can do. Lead me to do my part: to learn, act, and to pray.

Thank You that You beckon us to do our part, and turn to You to do the rest and secure the victory.
Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Deuteronomy 20:4
For the LORD your God [is] he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.
Omniscient
You know all things O God. You know our hearts, our fears. You know the hearts and minds of those who seek to destroy us. You know that we are all fighting against Your enemy Satan, who comes to steal, kill, and destroy.
Psalms 147:5
Great [is] our Lord, and of great power: his understanding [is] infinite.

1 John 3:20
For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
Thanks be to God! You. You know all things and have promised to bring good out of every situation to those who are in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
I come. Use me Lord. May Your Spirit fill my thoughts and speak through my words and actions this day. May I, through Your Spirit, be part of the solution this day. I come. I report for duty.
Acts 26:18
Open the eyes of my neighbors. Turn them from darkness to light, from the power of Satan to God, so that they will receive forgiveness of sin and a place among those who are saved by faith in Jesus.
With a heart filled with gratitude, I come and report for duty.
1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
God of Grace and God of Glory
Harry Emerson Fosdick
1. God of grace and God of glory,
on thy people pour thy power;
crown the ancient church's story;
bring its bud to glorious flower.
Grant us wisdom, grant us courage,
for the facing of thls hour,
for the facing of thls hour.

2. Lo! the hosts of evil round us,
scorn thy Christ, assail his ways!
From the fears that long have bound us,
free our hearts to love and praise.
Grant us wisdom, grant us courage,
for the living of these days,
for the living of these days.

4. Set our feet on lofty places;
gird our lives that they may be
armoured with all Christlike graces,
pledged to set all captives free.
Grant us wisdom, grant us courage,
that we fail not them nor thee,
that we fail not them nor thee!





No comments:

Post a Comment