Visits

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Furnace prayers: the lame, the blind, the deaf...

Father God, my Lord and Savior, and gracious Holy Spirit,

It’s all Yours...
You are the Author of all things, the Creator of all that exists, and to You alone is the inheritance of this world.

You created it and it is Yours to manage as You see fit. Who are we to argue that point? Father, You parted the water, that Israel walked on dry land. It is Your water. It somehow knows You are The Maker, and it obeys without resistance.

Jesus, You said, “Peace, be still.” And the storm lifted and the waters were calm. It’s Your water! It knows Your voice and it obeys.

The water knows You are the Author of Life and it obeys Your every Word. Jesus, You are the Living Word and You through You is life everlasting. Thank You.

Father, Lord and Spirit, You made us too, but we are not as astute as the water. You gave us free will. And we often choose not to listen for Your voice, to hear Your desires for us or walk in the path of Your choosing. Please forgive us. Please forgive me.

We are lame, deaf, and blind. …and sometimes that includes me.

Truly, Lord God, we are also diseased, poor in spirit are death is at the door.
But hallelujah, Jesus, You came …to heal a broken world.
Matthew 11:5
The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.
You are life.
John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
And this nation sits in division, while Your unity is before us as an witness and an example:
John 10:30
I and my Father are one.
We cannot understand this unity. Well, would You be God if we could understand everything about You? Nonetheless, You offer more than healing for our body and souls. You offer relationship when we receive You, our spirits are healed and live.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
You also offer to heal our land.
2 Chronicles 7:14
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
More than our bodies...
Truly, we need healing. More than our bodies.
  • We have been deaf; to Your voice and to each other.
  • We have been blind; turning away from Your path, and oblivious to the pain of those around us.
  • We have been lame; limping along to do our won will, when You have called us to be whole, and commissioned us to do Your will.
Save us Lord. I turn to You. I open my heart to Your healing for my soul and spirit that I amy hear Your voice, see Your path, and walk each day according to Your will. Speak to each of us that we may perfectly reflect the essence of Your saving grace.
Jeremiah 17:14
Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed;
Save me and I will be saved,
For You are my praise.
For Jesus’ sake.

Maranatha!





No comments:

Post a Comment