Visits

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Furnace Prayers: Waiting... essential for victory

My gracious heavenly Father, Lord Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit,

I come. It is so tempting to take some “down time” from praying for this nation. Last week’s acquittal brought encouragement. Can there be down time? Will it be okay to take time out? …Your enemy Satan is not taking time out. He is moreover, all the more angry and vehement at the acquittal. No, I will not take time out. You have put me here to stand. I will stand.

Is there value in waiting?
We wait as we begin to see the value of waiting. This isn’t new. I build my case before You:

Case study No. 1: Moses in Egypt
When Moses returned to Egypts to stand before Pharaoh - YOU hardened Pharaoh’s heart (Exodus 9:12 and again in Exodus 10:20); just as You said You would. You were in control of the whole thing! The people suffered. They were crushed with “executive orders” …no straw, more bricks.
Commentary:
The same is happening to us here O God. People are losing their jobs, demeaned, berated, and hated.
Case study No. 2: Job
Oh Lord, have mercy. One “visitor” after another betrayed him. Not at first. But as the time continued, one after another turned against him and put him down. Waiting exposed the true hearts of his ”friends."
Commentary:
You allowed the enemy to take Job's possessions, his family and his health. You allowed his friends to turn against him and bring incredibly harsh accusations. Their words spit in his face. Job had to wait for their true hearts to be revealed. But he stood his ground.

Job 19:25-27
For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Case study No. 3: Jesus
Jesus and his disciples were gleaning corn on the Sabbath…which irritated the “rulers” …because it wasn’t in their playbook! (Luke 6:1-3). Then they followed You to find other ways to criticize and condemn You…Would you dare heal someone on the Sabbath? YES! You even made a public display of it so there would be no question whatsoever. (Luke 6:7-10).
Commentary:
Father, Lord, Holy Spirit…in each case Jesus, You indicated Your actions were aligned with the law of the land! He brought Old Testament references to them, vindicating Your actions. This has been done here too. True leadership has responded to the letter of the law.

Luke 6:11
"And they were filled with madness; and communed one with another what they might do to Jesus."

The same is happening here today. As these people seek to destroy this nation, they are looking for one reason after another to bring down our Constitution. As one concern after another is dismissed, as they fail at every attempt, they are being driven into madness. We watch as they will do anything to bring down this nation and raise up their agenda.

The waiting has brought about the full exposure of the work of Your enemy. It has prepared us to see Your salvation.
My God, my God…You have not forsaken me. You have not forsaken this nation. You have not forgotten our Constitution. We remain One nation, under God.

Conclusions:
Waiting brings forth Truth. Waiting opens the eyes of the people.
Egypt:
Every god of of the Egyptians was countered with each interaction with Aaron and Moses. Each one had to be brought into the light to be exposed as a false god. The waiting time raised You up and proclaimed that You are God.

You promised they would “spoil” the Egyptians.
“But every woman shall borrow of her neighbour, and of her that sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: and ye shall put them upon your sons, and upon your daughters; and ye shall spoil the Egyptians” (Ex. 3:22, KJV).

In the end, they did!
Exodus 12:36
And the LORD gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians.

Job:
He withstood every accusation. In the end, he was restored double!

Job 42:10
“And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.”

Jesus:
We are seeing the madness and realize that it is with purpose! Jesus, You acted according to the law. The more they tried to use the law against You, You bested them. It was maddening. You waited and allowed them to kill You, to provide life eternal to those who believe in You.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
Why I will wait and why I will stand.
  • We are seeing those who want to decimate the Constitution being exposed.
  • The longer we wait, the more people are exposed as "workers of iniquity.”
  • You are exposing the evil that has taken over so much of our thinking.
THE END GAME
  • Israel left Egypt, their gods were exposed. You are exposing evil as we wait.
  • Job’s visitors were eventually put in their place and repented. You bring our need for repentance as we wait, watch, and experience the hand of the enemy upon us.
    -- We are seeing more and more people expose their true colors.
  • Jesus, You have provided for the exposure of Your enemy. You have bested him. You will prevail.
My petition
I petition You.
  • As You did with Egypt, expose our false gods and take us out from under this rule.
  • As You did with Job, expose the “friends” who are not friends. Restore this nation…may I ask for double?…You did it for Job. I ask it.
  • As You, Jesus, brought life forth from the wicked schemes of Your enemy, I ask it happen here. In America. I ask for revival. Hot! On fire revival!
You have given me the armor and I will stand.
Psalm 27:14
“Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.”

Ephesians 6:13
“Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”
Lord God, please hear my plea for all who are waiting. Encourage, strengthen, and uphold us. The time and the trial is long. But we will wait on You. I put my hope in You alone, my God who is faithful.





No comments:

Post a Comment