Visits

Monday, October 16, 2023

For my neighbors: You are El Elyon

You are El Elyon.

You are The Most High God. There is none like You. You are sovereign and in You alone I can trust. You are supreme and no other gods come near You.

You are the God of gods, the Lord of lords and the King of kings. I humble myslef before Your throne.

Bedlam encompasses the earth. The Words of prophecy are the headlines in the news and You have said, "Fear not." O Most High God, there are those go about their day without any knowledge that Your Words are being fulfilled. It is as in the days of Noah. People, my neighbors, build their fences, raise their chickens and go about their jobs. ...just a You said would be happening in the latter days.

I come on their behalf. The focus on Israel, on Jerusalem, and on the gathering forces against Your people call me to greater urgency on behalf of these neighbors who don't know You and don't know that their time is short.

But You know.

Your heart is that all men be saved. Are their hearts prepared to receive the Gospel? You have designated us -- those who know Jesus as Savior, to carry the Gospel throughout the earth. These people live just steps away from me. There is a burning desire in my heart to tell them about Jesus. Am I credible?

Have You tugged at their heart? Do they see the world and desire to know more? Are they hungry and thirsty from a spiritual perspective? Holy Spirit, isn't this Your work?

I so remember when, in the 8th grade, You convicted me of my sin. You crushed my heart, week after week; pressing on me. You revealed my sinfulness in my heart. I am so grateful. Your crushing presence pushed me with great urgency, to kneel before the Throne of The Most High God.

Now, I am still a sinner. But I am saved by grace.

There was nothing I could do to satisfy Your justice. Your sentence of death for my sins was right. But in Your love for me, and knowing I could never come before You, Jesus Christ, You died in my place. Thank You. It seems so paltry. But Thank You.

What about my neigbors? I want them to know You. Would You prepeare their hearts as You did mine? Would You find a way to bring the Truth of the Gospel to them? May I help? Is there a time and place when we can discuss Life in Christ?

My God, My God, My Sovereign God, You are El Elyon. I come. I desire to be used that othes may know of Your Justice, Your grace, Your mercy, and have a renewed spirit.

Here I am. Send me.

Maranatha.

Dear reader, do you want to know Jesus as Savior. You can. Today.
Here is how.

           




***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment