Visits

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Draining the swamp...the prayers of one sinner

*** We have the government we deserve.
1 Timothy 2: 1-2
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
Please pray with me:

Heavenly Father, You exhort us to fervently pray, intercede and to give thanks...for kings and those in authority so that we can live peaceably, in godliness and honesty.

This nation is not living peaceably, nor in godliness or honesty...surely, therefore, we must conclude that we have not prayed, interceded, or given thanks for kings and those in authority. So we have the government we deserve. This is a very hard thing to swallow. I am a fault.

I did not pray when prayer was taken from the schools, when abortion was legalized, when family was redefined, or when indiscretion filled the government. I confess, and I repent. I will pray for this nation, its leaders, and those in authority.

Father, this nation has turned from Your ways. It has gone so far that now there is a swamp. We need Your help. You have promised:
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
So I humbly confess sin before You. I ask for prayers for our leaders...from small towns to the Capitol. I am seeking You. I am asking for Your guidance in prayer, that this nation can turn from its ways...so that You may hear, forgive, and heal this land.

We cannot do this without Your help. So I'm asking.

Deception seems rampant. We can't tell truth from fiction. Indiscretion in the socialsphere is rampant, without thoughtful filters. It seems impossible to find truth. Yet, Jesus, You are Truth.
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
How do we speak You, speak Truth, into this nation? Do we even want to know the truth? ...or do we just want to believe what we want. Father, we have become a self-serving nation. Help Lord! Turn our hearts, soften our resolve and penchant for our own desires.

Father, it has become so incredibly confusing about what can be believed. I ask that Truth rise up. Where can it be found? I ask that, as a nation, we come before Your throne of grace and plead for mercy. I ask that we rise up en masse and seek You, seek Truth, and speak Truth.

I ask that You move in the hearts of Your church. Rile us up. Work within us that we may be disturbed by what we see and hear. May we find our nation unconscionable. May we cease to be silent before You.

Raise up Your church to confess and repent from our silence. Raise up Your church to take a stand for Jesus Christ, first in our own lives, our own prayer closets.

Father, where are the pastors? Where is the church leadership? Many are silent. This should not be. Help us to change. In Your mercy, cause discomfort within us that we might turn from our wicked ways. Teach us our part that we seek and stand for Truth as a nation, once again.

Thank You for this nation. Thank You for the years where You blessed us as the greatest nation in the world. Thank You for the prosperity that You have bountifully poured out. Thank You that we can look back and compare where are now, with where we were when we honored You.

Help us, that we may stand strong and that we may be found faithful in the day of His coming.

In Jesus’ Name.

Please consider these prayers for the revival of our nation:
For the Trump Administration
For Leaders and Decision Makers
For Pastors, especially in the U.S.

***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. They are offered in good faith that others may find them helpful in their prayer life and that the Church of Jesus Christ may be found faithful in the day of His coming.


2 comments:

  1. Father in heaven,
    The swamp is prolific. We have not prayed for our leaders, both for the nation, our church leaders, all those in authority. I confess that I have not done this as You have commanded. Please forgive me and help me turn to Your Word and pray with fervent desire that these people hear Your leading and that Holy Spirit have free reign.

    Father, our nation is in deep suffering. The "swamp" runs deep. In our government and even in the daily work in our cities, state governments, and even our churches... globalists wish to weed out any semblance of nationalism. This includes the U.S. and Israel. Father, again, I have not sought Your intervention. Forgive me and help me to change.

    This nation, in every area, has a swamp of agendas that are heinous in Your sight. We have changed the definition of marriage—and stood by while it happened. We have allowed prayer to be silenced. We have stood by —for 8 years, while we did not befriend Israel. Forgive us and call us to prayer.

    Father, I pray for the peace of Jerusalem to be upheld in this nation. May the churches rise to prayer and intercession that President Trump clearly understand the spiritual implications of dividing Israel.

    Grant Vice President Pence words of wisdom with President Trump. Fill him with Your Holy Spirit and may the words issue forth. Father, if President Trump is going to move to divide Israel, then I ask You to stop him.

    You alone know Your ways and means with regard to this matter. Your purposes are supreme and I submit myself to them. If the United States has to be divided in retribution for the division of Jerusalem, may the church be ready. Ready us with provision and a clear understanding of the work of the Holy Spirit and an ability to hear His voice.

    Guide and move us to prepare ourselves spiritually as well as physically. Protect those who would have full lamps. Lead us to fill our lamps with the finest oil for the provision needed. Father, help us to prepare.

    Have mercy, O God, have mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father in heaven,
    Your beauty surpasses my comprehension. Your purity humbles me as I see myself. Your love and graciousness causes me tremble, for I am a sinner, saved by grace. Thank You.

    I come on behalf of this nation. I come seeking Your help. I come, confessing that the sins are so great, so blasphemous, so grievous...I cower before You. You have given us what we deserve. You have reserved Your anger at our actions and patiently waited that we might turn from our wicked ways. We have not. I did not.

    Please awaken us. You have awakened me to confess and repent. Thank You. I petition You on behalf of this nation.

    You made us great. You blessed us from the onset. You gave us creativity and ingenuity and blessed our desire for the freedom to worship You. You brought us up to be a world power. Thank You.

    In Your Name helped the poor around the world. In Your Name we defended the weak. In Your Name we confronted nations around the world who persecuted those who hated You and persecuted those who believe in You.

    We left You. I am so sorry. We have systematically take You out of our society. You who gave us the law, have become what is against the laws of our own devising. Open our eyes to see and drive our heats to repent.

    Yet, we have changed. We have become a nation of excess. We are excessive in every direction and everywhere our minds could imagine. We have dismissed Your direction as inferior and even made it "illegal" to refer to You in certain situations. I am so sorry.

    What would turn us around? What would cause us to change from our wicked ways? I ask it. Did not Nineveh repent? Did not the king call a fast? Did not Esther find the path to save her people? Did she not call a fast?

    Teach me this action. Teach others. Raise up leaders to call for corporate fasts that we might turn from our wicked ways.

    Father, we are so far gone that we call our wicked ways good. We have slipped so far away from You. I cry out. I ask for Your hand. If we must endure mighty hardship to reclaim our foundation of faith in You through Jesus Christ, then have mercy and do this thing. But if there is another way that we can repent—as a nation, I ask it.

    You are a gracious God and You deeply care and love us. You want that all men be saved. I ask for Your mercy. I ask for revival. I petition You. Please hear my prayer.

    In Jesus' Name.

    ReplyDelete