Visits

Saturday, July 15, 2017

A nation of consumers... the prayers of one sinner

*** like locusts we consume the land. ...a prayer for restraint and moderation.
Leviticus 18:28-30
28 That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.

Proverbs 25:16
Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.
Please pray with me:

Heavenly Father,

You have given us a beautiful land, to enjoy and to care for ourselves and our families. We have done so and we have consumed and given place to excess. Our consumption knows no bounds. Please forgive us. We have prospered because of Your overabundance. Your provision has been lavish. Yet Your word indicates that You have prospered us with purpose:
Deuteronomy 15:11
For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.
Your provision for me has been generous. Thank you. You have given me more than I need, yet I have chosen to use the excess for myself. Somehow, in my careless thinking, I have found ways to create "desire" and I convince myself that it is a need and that I must have it. Please forgive me.

Although I open my hand to the needy as You command me to do, it is a small token of the excess that You have poured out on me. I am a part of a nation that is never satisfied. For the most part, I buy stuff that I have convinced myself that I must have. ...rather than live in moderation and help those who have so little. Please forgive me.

I am a thoughtless consumer. When I want something, I buy it. Please help me to change.

We have become an all-consuming nation that is never satisfied and I am a contributor. There is never enough. Truly it is because we look to ourselves to define our needs and we have abandoned the guidance from Your Word. We no longer look to You to define our wants. We no longer desire self-restraint or moderation. Please forgive us and restore our sensibilities.

Help us, that we may stand strong and that we may be found faithful in the day of His coming.

In Jesus’ Name.

Please consider these prayers for the revival of our nation:
For the Trump Administration
For Leaders and Decision Makers
For Pastors, especially in the U.S.

***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. They are offered in good faith that others may find them helpful in their prayer life and that the Church of Jesus Christ may be found faithful in the day of His coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment