Visits

Monday, February 1, 2016

Pastor Prayer No. 1: Awareness of Sin

***That Pastors would be aware of their sin and preach sin awareness to their congregations
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 John 1:8-10
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Please pray with me:

Heavenly Father,
How precious to come to You, on behalf of our Pastor. Lord Jesus, You honor us. You are the King, and You hold all that is together. …and You bid us to come before You on behalf of our Pastor. He is Yours. Thank You that You have placed us here, together, on behalf of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ. What a privilege. Thank You.

Oh Father, convict me of my sin. Don’t let any sin go by without my awareness. Help me to realize the full ramifications of my sin. Make me aware. Open my eyes to my sin, and give me a heart of remorse. May I never be comfortable with it. Show me the way to change. Lead me in the path of Your righteousness. Father, may I never forget my need for a Savior. May I always be cogent of my sin, and of Your saving grace. I ask these things for Pastor ________ as well.

Father, awareness of my sin is not enough. Give me a heart that is consistently remorseful. Give me heart that desires to please You and to truly repent. Grant me the words to carefully and thoughtfully confess my sin before You. Holy Spirit, fill me with a desire to come quickly before the throne of grace to find help in time of need. Let me know when my time of need is come. May I move swiftly, without delay. That I may confess my sin in accordance with Your Word. I ask the same for Pastor ________.

Father, confession is not enough. You bid us to repent. Give me a heart that is so dissatisfied with my sin, that I seek repentance. Drive me to the path of change. Cause me to know the triggers that direct my thoughts sin-ward. Teach me how to engage with the Holy Spirit that I sin not. Give me a keen ear to hear the Spirit’s voice. Holy Spirit, help me to pay attention to You. Help me to focus on Your guidance, Your nudges, Your teaching. May my repentance be sincere and honorable before You. I ask the same for Pastor ________.

Father, repentance is not enough. You bid me that I be holy. No matter how hard I try, I never seem to “not sin.” Nonetheless, may I seek holiness with urgency. May I strive with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. May my struggle be consistent. May I never take my eyes off of You, Jesus Christ, that I always know that Christlikeness is the goal. Help me to cherish the work of the Holy Spirit to bring me to the point of Christlikeness. As I fail, over and over again, may it not be for the same reasons. Help me to grow in a way that is pleasing to You. I ask the same for Pastor ________.

Father, I am not yet able to not sin. I ask that I never stop striving, give me a heart that never stays down. Give me strength to fight without ceasing. And in all my failures, may the knowledge that all my shortcomings have been covered by the blood of Christ—give me great joy…may it light my countenance, that others may see the light of Christ. May I receive others with great warmth, and may they now that it is the Light of Christ…the Way, the Truth and the Life. …and I ask the same for Pastor ________.

In Jesus’ Name,

***These prayers are my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. They are offered in good faith that others may find them helpful in their prayer life and that the Church of Jesus Christ may be found faithful in the day of His coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment