Visits

Friday, February 12, 2016

A Prayer for the Syrian Crisis

***That believers in Christ would hold strong and that their testimony would bring others to the saving grace of Jesus Christ
Psalm 13
1 How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?

2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?

3 Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;

4 Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.

5 But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.

6 I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.
Please pray with me:

Heavenly Father,
My heart groans as I hear the news. Truly it is difficult to know who represents good and who represents evil. Men speak one thing and do another. Surely the Syrians who are being bombed and starved to death don't really care if the bombs are from Russia, from ISIS, or from the U.S.

There are many Christians, Your people, O God, who are there. They are seeing their families, their very children dismembered...and they are helpless to change their physical reality. Have mercy O God. Have mercy on them and touch their hearts and minds and soul. Upgird them with Your strength. Raise up Your Holy Scriptures within their hearts and minds. Cause it to enlarge within them and place Your greater purposes higher than their terrible situations. Father, surely they cry out:
Ps. 13:1-2. How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
Mothers cry for their children. Men are forced to watch as their children are mutilated alive. Father, attend to every prayer give to You. Provide unreasonable comfort to those who must undergo these horrors. May they trust without any other consideration but that You are faithful.

May they never consider or even think that for moment You are unfaithful. As they undergo such horrific torture and unfathomable times, mighty Holy Spirit, grant them prayers for those who torment them. Pour out prayers that they cannot even consider on their own. Through these prayers, may they know that they are here for this time and that You are mightily using them for Your purposes. Assure them that You will take Your vengeance Your way. Embed Your Word within in them:
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. (Romans 12:19)
Cause these, Your servants to release their captives to You. May every one of them, through Your Holy Spirit, "be still and know that You are God." (Ps. 46:10). May they embrace that Your ways are not their ways (Is. 55:8) and may each one hold fast with the peace that passeth understanding (Phil 4:11). Assure them, deep within them, that You are there and that You see their plight (Prov. 15:3). May they have rest in their souls, knowing that they have not been abandoned.
Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
Father, answer them quickly. Please. Have mercy.

Many, O God, by Your graciousness, have escaped. They are now refugees, trying to make a new life. Grant them prayers for those left behind. Grant them grace and humility. Surely, they cannot understand why the world stands by when the situation is so dire. Bring every one to Jesus. Raise up their testimony.

Draw Your church together to pray for these who must feel forgotten. May we not live in ignorance or callousness to their plight. Turn our hearts to pray. May we be found faithful in the day of Your coming.

Have mercy, Father.

In Jesus’ Name.

***These prayers are my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. They are offered in good faith that others may find them helpful in their prayer life and that the Church of Jesus Christ may be found faithful in the day of His coming.



No comments:

Post a Comment