Visits

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Pastor Prayer No. 8: To know our place before God

***That pastors would teach us our place before God.
Job 13:23
How many are my iniquities and sins? Make known to me my rebellion and my sin.

Matthew 14:14
And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.
Please pray with me:

Father in heaven,
You know us intimately. You created us...in Your own image! You even know the hairs on our heads. Truly, there is no place to hide from You. Yet, the very thought of it causes me to cower. It causes me to turn away, for I know I am a sinner.

Show me my sin that I may confess it and repent. Show me my sin that through the blood of Jesus Christ, I may know that my sins have been forgiven and I may have fellowship with You and enjoy You each day. Thank You for Your incredible provision.

Fear of Your judgement resides in my thinking. I don't know how to embrace Your love for me. You loved me while I was yet in sin...thank You. You desired communion and fellowship with me. But we could not enjoy each other because You are holy and I am a sinner. So You sent Your only Son to pay the price. Jesus, You came and died in my place. Holy Spirit, You convicted me of my in and to know that the sacrifice of Jesus is true.

And now...now You see me through the righteousness of Christ? You do not see my sin? You are not standing by and watching me to judge me and crush me? ...which I deserve. I do not know how to even begin to understand Your love for me. Help me!

Why?

Why did You go to he trouble. You don't need me and all that is in and on the earth is Yours. Yet, somehow, You wanted communion and fellowship...with me. ...and to share all of Your creation with me. My purpose is to glorify You and enjoy You forever (Psalm 145).

It is more than I can fathom. Help me embrace this. Teach me.

Reach out to my Pastor: Pastor ________ . Reach into him and confirm this truth from Your Word. Pour out Words through him, that I may draw closer to You. Give him an intimate understanding of this love for me that my life may be full of rejoicing. Teach him to demonstrate it to me and every member of our congregation. Give him that heart of compassion that You, Jesus, demonstrated over and over again.

Use our pastors. Call them. Give them a heart to serve each member of their congregation as their service to You. May it be their daily joy to interact and serve these people. May they be instruments of Your healing that we may know our place before You.

Lord God, Most High God, One True and Living God: You have gone through such great expense...Jesus...that we may have place before You. Raise up pastors to preach this. Open heart to receive it. Help us understand who You have made us to be...that we may enjoy You and be Your delight.

Then Father, then— when we can receive this station that You have prepared —then, may we pour out lives of service in gratitude and lov. Then, may we cherish You and seek You daily. May we satisfy You with our love with all our hearts, souls, minds, and strength.

In Jesus’ Name.

***These prayers are my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. They are offered in good faith that others may find them helpful in their prayer life and that the Church of Jesus Christ may be found faithful in the day of His coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment