Visits

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Giving Thanks for and Speaking Well of the USA ...the prayers of one sinner

*** Giving Thanks for and Speaking Well of the USA ...the prayers of one sinner

Please pray with me:

Heavenly Father,
Thank You that I live in the United States of America. I thank You for the freedoms that have been so hard won.

Yet, with these freedoms, especially the freedom of speech, we have become a nation of complainers. We have become critical of everything that doesn't fit our narrow view and desires of the moment.

Criticism, especially of the nation and our leaders, has become a way of life. I have done this. Please forgive me. Please forgive us and call us to repent.

Your Word:
Ezekiel 36:3,15
Therefore prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Because they have made you desolate, and swallowed you up on every side, that ye might be a possession unto the residue of the heathen, and ye are taken up in the lips of talkers, and are an infamy of the people:

15 Neither will I cause men to hear in thee the shame of the heathen any more, neither shalt thou bear the reproach of the people any more, neither shalt thou cause thy nations to fall any more, saith the Lord God.
When Israel became a nation of negative critcizers, desolation followed. But when they ceased their negative chatter, you caused restoration. Father, we need Your help today, in the USA to join together and put away unkind, unhelpful chatter. Please help me to do this.

Especially since the election of President Trump, this nation has released a torrent of daily, persistent, and judgemental disapproval. It has been directed at President Trump and Republicans or those who oppose him and the Republican party.

We do this as if we are making the world a better place by spewing out this deluge of reactive waste. Please help us. Please open our eyes to see that we are being critical of Your chosen, for Your Word says:
Daniel 2:21
And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
Father, it seems like it is a fight between nationalism and globalism. Yet, nationalism is YOUR idea. We are opposing YOU and we are also disobedient to Your Word which says,
1 Timothy 2:1-3
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
This is to our shame. Open our eyes to see this egregious behavior. Call us to confess and repent.

Surely, all this negative talk releases spiritual forces into and onto our nation. We aren't thinking about the result of our actions. We are bringing harm to the USA by our persistent negativity. Please call us to repent.

Father, how much of this is being done by Your church? We seem to be especially good at criticism. We seem to slide into the robe of "I'm holy and righteous because I am critical." We confuse criticism with discernment.

Please call us to repent:
  • Our negative talk brings a heavy burden on leaders and law enforcement.
  • Our cynical negative attitudes creates an atmosphere of pessimism which is affecting our economy.
  • We have created an atmosphere of bitterness, rivalry and hatred that has descended upon this nation.
So much needs to be changed here in the United States. But negativity will not change any of them. Open our hearts to understand Your Word. Call Your church to counter this road to destruction and become part of the solution.

Help us turn from negativity and arrogance and learn that speaking well is to be realistic with regard to our safety, our economy and well being. Call Your church to be salt. Call this nation again to be light.

Call us all to Christ, that we may be found faithful in the day of His coming.

In Jesus’ Name.

Please add your anonymous prayers at the end of this blog and consider this profound video by Derek Prince:

Please consider these prayers for the revival of our nation:
For the U.S.
Disaster Recovery Prayers
For the Trump Administration
For Leaders and Decision Makers
For Pastors, especially in the U.S.

***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. It is inspired by Derek Prince Legacy Radio podcast. This and other free and life-changing resources can be found at https://www.derekprince.org/.

For encouragement and guidance, consider being a part of Intercessors for America. Join this army of prayer warriors. Consider visiting their website to learn more. http://ifapray.org/

3 comments:

  1. Father, I give you thanks for the religious liberty that we have in the USA. Father, we have taken our religious liberty for granted. We can hear pastors on radio or in churches. We can find them online and hear Your Word being preached.

    We do not relate to countries where people hear the Gospel under threat of death. We do not worry about informers or secret police.

    Thank You for Your incredible blessings on this nation.

    Forgive me when I take my freedom of religion for granted.

    In Jesus' Name,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father,
    This is a week of Thanksgiving. I give You thanks for this nation, for the freedoms we enjoy. I give You thanks fro the men and women who have served, fought and died for me to have these freedoms.

    Thank You for the wealth and prosperity that You have poured out on the nation. Truly no other nation has had the prosperity that You have poured out on us.

    Overwhelm us with the reality of Your heart. As we go our own way, You must be terribly disappointed with us. I am so sorry. I have contributed to this. I repent.

    You have called me to repent. By Your Holy Spirit, I come and ask You to forgive me for the negativity I have spewed out. It isn't just my choice to ignore what has been going on here in the US, I have taken it further and chosen to use my time and words to put down the US, put down administrations, put down our government and those that work there. Please forgive me. Fill me with words that speak well. Fill me with the insight to see those words...and speak them out. Please make me into a person that speaks life and not destruction.

    You see the heart of a person. You change the hearts of people. Change me. Please change this nation. You have called me to repent and You have called me to pray. I believe that You are calling others, give them ears to hear and eyes to see.

    Father I stand in the gap for this nation. We deserve Your judgement—every bit of it. We rarely miss the opportunity to spit in Your face. You have loved this nation and poured out Your blessings. We, in turn, use them to dismiss You, berate You, and flagrantly and with determination, change what You have put in place to throw those blessings in Your face.

    I have done this too. I am so embarrassed. I am ashamed. Please forgive me. Lead us. Please have mercy and lead us that we may repent as a nation. I come in the Name of Yeshua.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father, You have blessed this nation in deep and personal ways. You have heaped blessings that You have not given other nations. Truly, You have prospered us like no other nation on the earth. Praise be to Your Name.

    For years, we knew that our blessings and prosperity came from You. We honored You and respected You.

    Today, we have turned from You and we believe that we are able to manage ourselves and make decisions. We believe we know best what is in our "best interests." Please have mercy.

    What is it that You want for us? To turn from ourselves. What will it take for our eyes to be opened? What will it take for us to turn from ourselves?

    In times past, we used our prosperity to help others. Father, we still do in many ways. In times past, we have used our might to protect those who could not protect themselves. Father, we still do.

    We have gone astray and we no longer give You the glory. But not all of us. Ar there "10 good men" amongst us? Father You know.

    Many are praying to You. Many seek repentance. We deserve Your judgement and if only Your wrath and judgement will cause us to turn—then You, the God of justice are able to bring this about. Yet, I ask if there be another way?

    Division, from within, is fracturing this nation. We are being torn apart. Our vision has been destroyed and we fight each other without thought or compassion. Can You help us? Will You? I ask it.

    Our nation suffers from over consumption...I am sure we have disappointed You on every opportunity. Even our churches have become entangled, twisted, and have turned away from Your Word. I am so sorry. Help us Lord. For we are unable to find our way. Have mercy on us.

    In Jesus' Name.

    ReplyDelete