Visits

Saturday, September 16, 2017

A nation in shambles, crying out to God...the prayers of one sinner

*** A nation in shambles, crying out to God...the prayers of one sinner
Isaiah 25:4
For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones [is] as a storm [against] the wall.
Please pray with me:

Heavenly Father,

You are a God of order, and all things have their time and place. You are the God of Creation and all things are under Your control. You are the God who gives strength to the poor and needy. You know our distress. You are the God who provides refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat.

You are God Almighty and there is none like You.

Honor, glory, and praise belong to You and to none other. You alone are worthy to be worshiped. We are not worthy to approach You, except for Jesus.

We come to Your presence with thanksgiving. Thank You for getting our attention with Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma. Thank You for uniting this nation with great need as we survey the devastation left in the wake of these storms. We give You thanks that we can trust You to bring good from the intense needs as we begin cleaning up.

We cry out to You this day. Jesus! Hear our cry. The devastation is so great, it is near impossible to know where to begin in the cleanup. Call us to begin with You. Father, some have nothing left. Their homes are completely in shambles...and they barely have their lives. There is nothing to clean up. There is nothing left. Nothing.

Puerto Rico is devastated. Parts of Florida are devastated. Houston and parts of Texas have been reduced to rubble. These are our fellow citizens. We must help them. From a distance, it is easy to turn away. May it never be so! Touch our hearts to help those in such extreme need. Pour out Your Spirit that we may turn to You and petition You for our need. Father unite this nation once again. Hear our cry. It seems that the ocean is trying to wash this nation clean.
Leviticus 18:25, 28
And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants. That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.
You are a God who loves those who fear You and hate sin. We are all sinners. You have every right to condemn us...but You came instead to save us. Yet we continue in our sin. Have mercy O God. Have mercy.

This nation is in disarray. The media carries the devastation of these disasters and many of us are careless in our thinking...and self serving. Surely, none have an excuse–none can say, "I didn't know." Yet, with all this need—here in our nation, many return to their self-serving and sinful agendas. How can You stand us? Forgive us.

Yet, You are our hope and there is no other name under which we can stand. Jesus! We have been arrogant in our ways, and within hours of these storms, we turn away and turn back to our daily lives, oblivious of dire need. Forgive us.

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
You give us the condition that we must humble ourselves. If my people...IF we will humble ourselves. It seems we prefer our arrogance and our self-serving ways. I am no better. Forgive me. Forgive us. You have given us a gift with these hurricanes: the opportunity to show Your love and care for those in need. Yet many have turned away once the hurricanes were no longer a threat to them. We are so myopic. I am myopic! Help me Lord. Help our nation. Change me. Please change this nation.

Teach us to pray. Our minds are so self-centered that our own minuscule needs captivate us. They aren't even needs. They are wants. I am guilty. Forgive me. Lord God of heaven humble me, teach me to pray. I petition You to help me abide by Your Word. I cannot do this on my own. I need You. We need You.

How can we seek You? We are so filthy that the land itself is disgusted with us. I am so sorry. For I too have, in my own little world, brought my self-serving ways into my everyday life and made them my priorities.

How can we seek You? This nation has turned against You. Many people seek and find any reference to You and proclaim it an offense! I am so sorry. I have not prayed as I should. How can we seek You? Teach me. Father...Heavenly Father... teach me to seek You and wait on You. Quiet my mind and heart. Capture my attention that I may humbly pray and seek You.

You beckon us to "turn from our wicked ways." HOW? How can this nation that is so determined to spit in Your face, turn? How? YOU KNOW. Only You know how this can happen. It is through Your Spirit. You give us the answer. O Father, please do not hold back. Turn our hearts. Send Your Spirit to us. Only by the power of Your Holy Spirit can this happen. I ask it. Change me. Change this nation. Please have mercy.

Help us, that we may stand strong and that we may be found faithful in the day of His coming.

In Jesus’ Name.

Please consider these prayers for the revival of our nation:
For Weather Disasters
For the Trump Administration
For Leaders and Decision Makers
For Pastors, especially in the U.S.

***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. They are offered in good faith that others may find them helpful in their prayer life and that the Church of Jesus Christ may be found faithful in the day of His coming.

For encouragement and guidance, consider being a part of Intercessors for America. Join this army of prayer warriors. Consider visiting their website to learn more. http://ifapray.org/

4 comments:

  1. Father in heaven,
    Great is the glory of the Lord. You O Father are the Great I AM. Thank You. Thank You that there is nothing new to You and there is nothing on the face of the earth that is unknown to You. I give You thanks.

    You alone are omnipresent and omniscient. You alone are omnipotent. Praise be to the One True and Living God. Amen and Amen.

    I appeal to You. This shooter in Las Vegas. I ask that prayer warriors be rounded up in our nation to pray against the fear that is gripping people.

    You proclaim that perfect love casts out fear. You are perfect love. Thank You! I cry out to You that the Name of Jesus be exalted. Be exalted O Lord. Rise up.

    Speak Your words of life here in this nation. Please send an invigorating Spirit of Truth to our Land - a Spirit that speaks truth and may that Truth well up within Your people. Drive us to the Throne of Grace and let us beseech You on behalf of our land.

    Lord Jesus Christ - You are TRUTH! Hallelujah! May "Jesus" be spoken in this nation. You are LOVE! Your love is perfect and casts out fear. I appeal to You to speak Your perfect love into the hearts of Your believers. May we overflow into the streets and workplaces. May we carry Your perfect love within us and once again demonstrate the Good News of Jesus Christ.

    Help Lord...that we may take back the land...again: One Nation Under God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavenly Father,
    Thank you that I live in a nation that is still, at least for now, a nation of freedom. Thank You that You give us the privilege of petitioning You on behalf of this nation.

    I petition you on behalf of Donald Trump. I ask that You give him discernment that his treatment of Israel will determine the safety of our nation. Still the voices that would tempt him to attempt the deal no other person has been able to make. Still his ego and protect him from forming a hand against Israel and especially Jerusalem.

    Father, have mercy. President Trump is not versed in Scripture. Surround him with wise counsel. Isolate him to hear Your Word...that he would seek You and find You.

    Establish "the Fear of the Lord" in this man's heart that he may directly search Your Word and seek Your voice in the decisions that lie ahead. Father, I beseech You, have mercy on President Trump. May he not be tempted to go against Israel or ask them to divide Jerusalem.

    I ask in Jesus' Name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father,
    Thanks be to God for Your Word, which is from everlasting to everlasting. Thanks be to Jesus Christ, the High Priest. Thanks be to the Holy Spirit, who hovered over the waters at Creation.

    Praise and glory belong to You and You alone.

    The powers of evil and darkness want this nation back. They have made it into a swamp and work unceasingly to bring about the destruction of the identity of the U.S. as One Nation Under God —The God who IS One.

    Praise to You, Great I AM. You are the one true and living God. Yet the enemy and evil one proliferates. Teach us to humble ourselves. Teach us to turn from our wicked ways and put on the full armor of God, that we may resist the devil, and that this nation can be saved. You have so clearly set the parameters of how this should work. We need not be unclear about what You need for us to do.

    We need You. Our President needs You as well as those in authority, especially in this state and in our churches. Invigorate us! Invigorate them. I ask in Jesus' Name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father in Heaven,
    You never slumber or sleep. You are all knowing and all present. Thank You for the unfathomable purity of Your character, Your Word, Your care, Your love, Your unfailing wisdom, Your consummation of justice. You are worthy to be praised.

    I come with my sin, embarrassed. I come, knowing I am unworthy to approach Your throne of grace. I come grateful that, because of Jesus, I can come. Thank You and praise be to Your Name.

    This nation is in shambles. We are not able identify Truth. Your Word is Truth. Jesus Christ, You are the Living Word. You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life. It is so clear, and yet we have taken You out of our society. Many vehemently defy any reference to You.

    They are filled with malice. They need Your love, demonstrated in ways they can understand. So many are filled with hate. Raise up Your church to demonstrate Your love.

    What is my part? Forgive me for not asking more often. Teach me to ask each moment of each day. It seems so deep. There seems to be so much work to do.

    Father, banish the thought that one person can not make a difference. Raise up a spirit in Your church that each member can touch at least one person each day. Plant this desire in us...may we rise up with vigor to find that one person and show Your love to them in meaningful ways.

    Father, please help President Trump to set this example. Can he help and change one person, one nation with the love of Christ? You know. Give him wisdom and desire. May he seek You each day. Father, please work deep in his heart and mind. May it be his delight to meet with You. May he daily hear Your Word and may his faith be strengthened.

    In Jesus' Name, hear my prayer.

    ReplyDelete