Visits

Monday, January 25, 2016

Prayers for the Sanctity of Life: No. 2 of 7

***Pray Not Just for Life, But for Life Everlasting
Matthew 23:37e
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Please pray with me:

Heavenly Father,
Thank You for life. Thank You for the path to life everlasting and that You didn’t leave it up to us to find it. Your provision is beyond our understanding. We take “life” for granted and fail to acknowledge that You are truly the giver of life. Forgive us. We have made ourselves gods, able to determine who should live and who should die. We have redefined life as starting at birth, rather than taking Your definition that You knew us even before we were in the womb.
Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
And from the abortion, there are the ramifications. Surely Father, it isn’t just to those that receive them, but for those who must live with the consequences. I pray for women who have chosen an abortion. There are horror stories of what these women experience afterwards. I am so sorry that I have not prayed more often for them. You promise that you will give us a new heart and spirit.
Ezekial 36:26
"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."

John 3:20
"If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything." (1
Thank you. So many times, convenience has driven people to abortion. So many times, there is such fear and judgement. Hearts have been hardened and abortions have been the result. Forgive us.

Father, grant those who have recede an abortion Your peace. Grant them a new heart and spirit within them. Take away the heart of stone which conceals the horrors from abortion and grant them healing. Give them the courage to be healed and to receive Your care and commitment to them.

Father, from them, raise up voices that would speak Truth to those who are considering this act. Grant them an audience, so that they may tell their stories and help change minds and hearts. Lead us to rise up and recognize that abortion is an act of the Satan, who comes but to steal kill and destroy.
John 10:10
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
Lead us in the paths of righteousness and grant us the peace the surpasses understanding.
Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Father, hold us accountable before You on this matter, that we may minister to those in pain, support those who rise up and speak Truth, and do our part to irradiate abortion from our land.

A Prayer for Post-Abortive Women by Fr. Frank Pavone:
"Lord God of Peace,
I thank you for your love for me,
Which is more tender than the love
Of a mother for her child.
I thank you for your forgiveness,
Which is more generous
Than the forgiveness human beings can offer.
Thank you for helping me to know
That I am not my abortion.
Rather, I am your daughter, Beloved and Redeemed,
For whom your Son would have died
If I were the only one who needed salvation.
Save me always
From the menacing voice of useless guilt and the oppressive force of shame.
Rather, lift me up in the light, peace, and grace
Of the Risen Lord Jesus Christ,
Who lives and reigns forever and ever. Amen."
In Jesus’ Name.

***These prayers are based on the encouragement and guidance from Intercessors for America. These prayers are my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of Intercessors for America. These are published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Please consider joining this army of prayer warriors. Consider visiting their website to learn more. http://ifapray.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment