Visits

Saturday, July 14, 2018

How every Christian should pray for
President Trump, SCOTUS, Roe v. Wade,
LGBTQ, Immigration ...the prayers of my heart

Please pray with me:

Heavenly Father,

Your Word:
Matthew 7:1-3
Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

1 Timothy 2:1-2, 4
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; ...Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
REVERENCE:
You are God. There is none like You.

Although You and Your Name have been defamed, maligned, and rejected, Your love for us has never wavered.

Even when we have taken Your Name in vain, spoken falsely of You, Your Word, and Your Son, Jesus Christ...You have been patient, gracious, and merciful.

When we redefined the foundational principles that You put in place to protect us, You have remained patient and have not unleashed Your anger and judgement on this nation.

When we instituted laws to legalize the very acts that You have defined as abominable, we, Your Church, has hidden. Yet, You have not abandoned us.

RESPONSE:
Forgive me when I have judged people in my path...exalting myself as "better than they." Forgive me. Forgive us.

Father, forgive me when I have estranged those who are different that I am and held disdain for them in my heart....for this is not Your way. Forgive me. Forgive us.

Father, this nation has indulged the physical blessings and prosperity and denied that it came from You. And then we have turned around and pampered ourselves with lavish gifts as we neglected those in need, ignored their emotional pain, and shunned them when they have called for help. Forgive me. Forgive us.

REQUESTS:
Open my eyes and fill my heart with discernment to see that every person I have judged is someone You value and died for. You love and value them as much as You love and value me.

Help me to humble myself and to seek You on this matter. I ask for ways to attend to their inner cries and emotional and spiritual sufficiency, as well as their physical needs.

Give me courage to reach out in a way that is gentle and loving. Guide me in my behavior so that I may genuinely receive them just as they are... just as You have done to me—time and time again.

Fill me with compassion, words that build trust, and the means to help in meaningful ways. Help me to replicate the love of Jesus Christ to touch these people, whom You love so deeply.

Grant me prayers for our leaders in national, state, and civic government...prayers that bless You and that cause You to help us all align to Your sovereign will.

READINESS:
Build up a courageous spirit within me to reach out. Provide opportunity to serve them as if You were here and serving them. Make me an instrument: Make me an instrument:
Prayer of St Francis
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.


O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.

Read more:
...so that, on this matter, I may be found faithful in the day of His coming.

In the Name of Jesus Christ,

           


Intercessors For America offers a variety of helpful resources to pray for our nation: daily devotionals, prayer bookmarks, and special reports.

Please consider these prayers for the revival of our nation:
For the U.S.
For the Sanctity of Life
Disaster Recovery Prayers
For the Trump Administration
For Leaders and Decision Makers
For Pastors, especially in the U.S.

***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. It is inspired by the Intercessors for America newsletter. Learn more and consider joining this incredible organization, that is committed to praying for America.

For assistance in understanding God's Word, consider the Derek Prince Legacy Radio podcasts. This and other free and life-changing resources can be found at https://www.derekprince.org/.

For encouragement and guidance to pray for our nation, please consider being a part of Intercessors for America. Join this army of prayer warriors. Consider visiting their website to learn more. http://ifapray.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment