Visits

Saturday, June 9, 2018

A prayer for saltiness...for the Church to occupy ...the prayers of one sinner

***A prayer for saltiness...for the Church to occupy ...the prayers of one sinner Please pray with me:

Heavenly Father,

Your Word:
Luke 19:1-13
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them,
Occupy till I come.
REVERENCE and RESPONSE:*
The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. (Psalm 24:1)

Lord Jesus, You came to seek and to save...even me.
Was I not like a grain of sand, floating endlessly and mindlessly in the murky ocean of sin and shame?

Truly, I was without significance, indistinguishable from billions of other microbes, floating aimlessly, unconscious of purpose, devoid of meaning; so blinded by self-seeking satisfaction through self-indulgence.

How did You find me? Why did You want me?

Washed up on the beach of slime and debris...a speck amidst miles of slime...

How did You find me?
Why did You seek me?

I shall never understand.

Thank you dearest Savior, blessed Lord.

How can I say "No...how can I keep anything from You."
I bend my knee to You. Your will and not mine. You who have saved me.

You created me and then You bought me back. I am Yours...twice. Thank You.
You are my Savior and Redeemer. You stand before the Throne of Grace and judgement as my constant Advocate (1 John 2). Thank You.

All that we know, see, hear, smell, touch, and taste...it all belongs to You. You have given it for our enjoyment.

Thank You for the wonder that exists right before us. Your handiwork is so vivid that it cannot be missed. You have given us our senses that we may experience Your presence through creation and not doubt that You are God.

Praise be to Your Name.

REQUESTS:
  • You have asked Your Church to be salt on the earth. I want to be salt. Make me a sweet savor to those around me.

  • There are those who are isolated and desolate. They need encouragement. Give me the words that minister grace and uplift.

  • There is so much anger. Grant me kind words, delivered softly.

  • There is so much evil in the world. Show me how to overcome evil with good...Your good.

  • There is hatred and discontent. Help me to show fullness in Christ.

READINESS & REJOICING:
Ready me, O Lord. Only YOU are able. Pour out Your grace through me and make it sticky!

... that I may be found faithful in the day of His coming.

In the Name of Jesus Christ,

           


For encouragement and guidance to pray for our nation, please consider being a part of Intercessors for America. Join this army of prayer warriors. Consider visiting their website to learn more. http://ifapray.org/

*Strategic Renewaloffers many prayer and resources for personal development. This prayer is from their guide on Worship Based Prayer.

Please consider these prayers for the revival of our nation:
For the U.S.
For the Sanctity of Life
Disaster Recovery Prayers
For the Trump Administration
For Leaders and Decision Makers
For Pastors, especially in the U.S.

***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. It is inspired by the Intercessors for America newsletter. Learn more and consider joining this incredible organization, that is committed to praying for America.

For assistance in understanding God's Word, consider the Derek Prince Legacy Radio podcasts. This and other free and life-changing resources can be found at https://www.derekprince.org/.

For encouragement and guidance to pray for our nation, please consider being a part of Intercessors for America. Join this army of prayer warriors. Consider visiting their website to learn more. http://ifapray.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment