Visits

Saturday, March 10, 2018

To my horror and shame, I am a hypocrite...
     ...the prayers of one sinner

***To my horror and shame, I am a hypocrite...
     the prayers of one sinner

Please pray with me:

Heavenly Father,
Isaiah 6:8
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.”
Confession:
How many times have I read those words, closed my eyes and said, "Lord, here am I, send me. I will go." You know, O Lord. Time after time, I have prayed those words. Today I realize that I didn't really mean it.

Over the years, I've decided for myself just where I should go. And I suited my personal desires. I decided I should go where I could use my natural talents. I wanted to go where I was comfortable...Rather than listen carefully to You, I created my own path...and missed opportunity. Forgive me, Lord.

Father, the years have passed. My body aged and I realized I could no longer "go"...no longer am I able to across the oceans. I could not "go" to help those in Hurricane Katrina, or Hurricane Sandy. I looked at starving children, and many others around the world and realized I could not go to them.

So I asked for money...so I could help others to go. I asked for money to support those who could go. I started giving as generously as possible...to send others, who are younger than I...and more courageous.

I thought I was being honorable. I was wrong. Forgive me, Lord.

Hypocrite:
My neighbors do not know the Gospel. They do not know You. They are not saved. And I have not gone. Am I really unable to "go"? Can I not take the 50 steps over to their house to inquire how they are doing? Is the "Good News" of salvation, so heavy, that I cannot carry it to them...even a leaflet or a tract?

Then there are the people at the mall...it's only 5 minutes away. Can I not go? Can I not find even one hour to give? I am a hypocrite. Forgive me.

Father, You show me that people are in need of hope. You are our Hope. People are in need of compassion, grace, and care...did You not demonstrate the ultimate compassion and grace, and care? Have You not cared for me? Have You not provided for me ....for decades? Do I not have stories to tell of Your faithfulness to me? Of course I do. Thank You, dear God. Forgive me for my selfishness. I confess that my desire for comfort, and my excuses, have declared that I am a hypocrite.

My excuses:
Father, my values, my desires and my fears hold me back.

      • I value my comfort over the souls of the lost.
      • I am afraid of tension between me and my neighbors.
      • I am afraid of the attack of the enemy, the evil one.
      • I covet my time over the needs of the lost,
            —needs that You have clearly revealed to me.
      • I am afraid of confrontation.
      • I am unwilling to trust You to lead me and guide me.

More Confession:
Father, I am ashamed. I have given up what I could and should be doing, to cater to my convenience.

The internet is full of examples on how to talk to people about Christ. I have no excuse on not knowing "how" to talk to people.

The stories of Your faithfulness are beyond number. I have no excuse for not thinking about them and selecting several that may encourage others.

I cannot go to disaster areas caused by so called "acts of nature"...but I can walk over to my neighbor.

I can give to organizations who can go, who can feed, and who can embrace those in need...yet, there is much more that I can do. I can go...I can go to the mall. I can go to the retirement home. I can visit those who are shut in. I can visit the sick.

Repentance:
Yet, Father, I cannot go without You. I dare not go without Your Spirit. Lead me, Lord. Lead me in Thy Righteousness. By Your Spirit, I ask to hear Your voice.

Reveal to me every hidden hypocrisy that has taken up residence in my heart and my mind. Open my eyes and reveal the need of others where I can make a difference. Grant me strength and resolve to use my feet and my mouth. Fill me with an urgency to walk by the Spirit and "go".

Have mercy on me, Lord God of Heaven, Redeemer, Sanctifier and Author and Finisher of my faith...

That I may be found faithful, in the day of His coming,

In Jesus' Name.

Intercessors For America offers a variety of helpful resources to pray about pro-life issues: daily devotionals, prayer bookmarks, and special reports.

Please consider these prayers for the revival of our nation:
For the U.S.
For the Sanctity of Life
Disaster Recovery Prayers
For the Trump Administration
For Leaders and Decision Makers
For Pastors, especially in the U.S.

***This prayer is my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of any organization. It is inspired by the Intercessors for America newsletter. Learn more and consider joining this incredible organization, that is committed to praying for America.

For assistance in understanding God's Word, consider the Derek Prince Legacy Radio podcasts. This and other free and life-changing resources can be found at https://www.derekprince.org/.

For encouragement and guidance to pray for our nation, please consider being a part of Intercessors for America. Join this army of prayer warriors. Consider visiting their website to learn more. http://ifapray.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment