Visits

Friday, January 1, 2016

For God-fearing, Accountable Leaders of Action, No. 1

***That our leaders would be god-fearing and recognize that they are accountable to Him for each decision and act.
Proverbs 9:10
10“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Please pray with me:

Heavenly Father,
I bow humbly before You, grateful for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ that I may come before You. I don’t have any merit of my own. I am a sinner. Even when I have been covered by the blood of Christ, I have not prayed for our leaders and nation as I should. I know that You commanded me to do so, but I have not made it a habit. Forgive me and show me the path to repent—to do my part.

You have mandated that all of us, every person, will be held accountable for his or her actions and decisions. We will even be held accountable for our very thoughts. Thank You. Fill us with fear that we may live carefully and accountably. Show us how to think and live, that on that day, we can stand with confidence that Jesus Christ, the Author and Finisher of our faith; that He has brought us through. Fill us with confidence that through Christ, it is possible.

Father, our leaders are barraged by influencers. Grant them discernment to understand the motivations of those with agendas that seek to influence them. Grant them a vision for the ramifications of their actions and decisions for the long-term…not just for those who will be affected by the decisions, but when they stand before You on the day of their accountability.

Fill them with the “Fear of the Lord”…may it cause them to seek a pure heart and to seek Your will. May they not pass up an opportunity to build trust with those who are relying on them. May they put their trust in You so that they may be found trustworthy and realize that You are also relying on them. May they seek and receive the wherewithal to be honorable before You and have the faith that You will provide.

Band those who would be accountable together…that they may set the example of how You want our leaders to act. May they demonstrate to others that You are the True and Living God and Father, prosper them with Your grace, that others would join. Give these people the love of Christ - that is sacrificial. Build up trust in Your path that they walk by the Spirit.

Encourage them in the hard times, and may they encourage each other and know that You have called them to this time and place and that You will be with them through the consequences of their actions. May they act accordingly and be granted the peace that passes all understanding.

In Jesus’ Name.



***These prayers are based on the encouragement and guidance from Intercessors for America. These prayers are my own and the content does not reflect the philosophy or policies of Intercessors for America. These are published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Please consider joining this army of prayer warriors. Consider visiting their website to learn more. http://ifapray.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment